VOM April MMXIII--post recordings all weekend!

Michael Martin

• Members

Here's mine: wrote this last month. This is the crude demo I did so the band could hear it--hoping it will become a band song, if they like it. As usual, '74 Hummingbird and vocal through AT2020 mikes into a Fostex VF80 8-track, with moderate amount of EQ and compression.

https://www.box.com/s/d948heluu48rovh89rk9

A Thousand Cannonballs

• Members

Just an old Jimmy Rogers tune I've always enjoyed performing, and one that I get a lot of requests for.

As usual, just a simple one mic recording to my computer, but this time I'm using my new-fangled USB mic cable, attached to a Shure SM58.

T For Texas, T For Tennessee (Blue Yodel #1)

http://terryallanhall.com/tfortexas.mp3

As is so often the case, I used my beloved "#1", my Guild JF4, and a Hohner Big River Harp (in A).

No yodels were harmed in the making of this recording... 

• Members

...rapid fire hipster...lyrics...

.hungry are the wishing upon a star .thirsty are the rainy rainy days .hollow are the featured headliners .glorified are the shining rays of light .nervous are the rapid fire hipsters .lovely are the glowing neon moons .jaded are the rickety old whiners .joyful are the clowns in the rooms .plastered are the stumbling weary lads .floating are the happy go luckys .pitiful are the half a million strangers .lonely are the twisting in the wind .heavy are the hearts that lost their mother .tortured are the fallen folks of time .blinking are the lights of motel windows .charming are the joksters of the hills.bleeding are the souls of desperation .ready are the people in the valley .kneeling are the sinners that repent.all they want is to find their way home.

• Members

Here's an original piece I've been working on. It started as a hammer-on/pull-off exercise and grew from there. I like to think of it as a guitar version of "silly sally sells seashells down by the seashore." I call it Rolling C's - once you hear it that should make sense.

Recorded on my Silver Creek T-160 into the internal mics of a Zoom H4. EQ'd and sweetened with an impulse reverb in Cubase. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.verneandru.com/WebApp/Downloads/Audio/RollingC's-VerneAndru.mp3

• Members

I've enjoyed the forum for years but haven't posted anything on the VOM because I figured that my band's music was a bit fringe. Anyway, here goes...

On this song I get to fingerpick, strum rhythm and take a short solo. The song was recorded live at a videotaping session, the orchestration was overdubed and some video footage from a gig was added. Playing my Larrivee D-03 with an LR Baggs magnetic pickup through an SWR California Blonde amp.

Archived