I'm Gettin' Real Tired......

Opa John

• Members

......of having to sign in and enter my password every damned time I try to get on here. This was going on a couple of weeks ago, then the problem seemed to go away. Now it's right back to the S.O.S. again!

If I had the same problem at other sites, I'd assume there's a problem with my computer or with the way my Internet options are set up, but I don't have any problems at all at other sites I go to.

And, as long as I'm at it........

- How come we don't have a multi-quote feature yet?

- How come we have our home location in our HC settings, but it's not shown when we post a reply?

- How come there's still no "hover" feature for the main page thread titles?

- Why don't we have a member listing on the main page showing who's online who's not.?

- Are we ever going to get some decent looking emoticons to use without going through contortions?

I'm sure I could come up with more, but what's the use? They've all been mentioned numerous times. I'm sure the above issues are at least partially responsible for a lot of lost members and the low traffic we're all experiencing these days.

And, don't tell me to quit bitchin'....that it's FREE.....Hell.......the other sites are Free, too! So, STFU Poppy! :smileywink:

• Members

It's complicated. And fascinating.

On the one hand there seems to be an element of penny-wise, pound foolishness to the choice of software. OTOH, spending any money at all may have been the height of folly. Or then again, the plan may be for a longer range recovery and devil take the current userbase.

In any case I'm not very hopeful for much in the way of usability improvements to the site.  Bad software decisions have driven away users, leading to less ad revenue which will almost certainly lead to even more poor decision making.

Maybe we'll see ya on Mel's blog..  smile.gif

graph.png

• Members

Opa John wrote:

......of having to sign in and enter my password every damned time I try to get on here. This was going on a couple of weeks ago, then the problem seemed to go away. Now it's right back to the S.O.S. again!

Your not in the habit of clearing your browser cache .... specifically cookies are you?  That will do it especially if it is happening on other sites as well.

• Members

acousticdepot wrote:

Opa John wrote:

Your not in the habit of clearing your browser cache .... specifically cookies are you?  That will do it especially if it is happening on other sites as well.

From my initial post...........

"If I had the same problem at other sites, I'd assume there's a problem with my computer or with the way my Internet options are set up, but I don't have any problems at all at other sites I go to."

• Members

For lack of posts, I think that even though we have the vitrual open mic, I think we should encourage others to share songs they do in separate threads.  At least this way it might stir some more discussion or encourage others to post their work and get feedback.  Just to get some more posts going.

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm wary of downloading files even if they're just mp3s.  It would help if all submitted work be uploaded to a streaming site and played from there.

• Members

Opa John wrote:

If I had the same problem at other sites, I'd assume there's a problem with my computer or with the way my Internet options are set up, but I don't have any problems at all at other sites I go to.

And, as long as I'm at it........

- How come we don't have a multi-quote feature yet?

- How come we have our home location in our HC settings, but it's not shown when we post a reply?

- How come there's still no "hover" feature for the main page thread titles?

- Why don't we have a member listing on the main page showing who's online who's not.?

- Are we ever going to get some decent looking emoticons to use without going through contortions?

I'm sure I could come up with more, but what's the use? They've all been mentioned numerous times. I'm sure the above issues are at least partially responsible for a lot of lost members and the low traffic we're all experiencing these days.

And, don't tell me to quit bitchin'....that it's FREE.....Hell.......the other sites are Free, too! So, STFU Poppy!
:smileywink:

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH!

I never have a problem with HCAG.  I am NEVER logged out.  It sounds like a true operator problem to me.  Either a defective operator or a defective computer.  Or maybe, just maybe, the powers that be are just trying to get rid of you because you never stop complaining.:manlol:  John, I feel for you.  At your age you shouldn't be letting this small stuff get you so upset.  The HC bigwigs are trying extremely hard to prove the Peter Principle absolutely correct.  They will make this site fail if it's the last thing they ever do.  They have risen to their own level of incompetence.  I'm sure they will succeed.

BigAl :smileyvery-happy:

Archived