Good guitar for beginner

tonsco1

• Members

Need some advice; I want to learn to play the acoustic guitar and then the electric. Please tell me a good acoustic guitar to buy. I'm serious about wanting to learn to play real good. Thanks for your help!!

• Members

Well,

- have you seen anything you like?

- do you have a couple guitars in mind already?

- how much do you wanna spend?

- what type of music do you wanna play?

Stuff like that.....we need a little more to go on.

• Members

Also, how do you plan to learn?   (lessons, books, videos, on line....)      If you are going to take lessons, get your instructor to go shopping with you - have her play different guitars for you to listen to and comment on.   A friend who plays the same kind of music can also do this.

Also, acoustic and electric are two different animals unless you want an acoustic/electric (basically an acoustic with a pickup so it can be played thru an amp).

My last comment (other than to answer OJ's questions) is to budget some money (fifty bucks or so) to have your new guitar "set up" for optimal ease of play.   Kind of like getting a car "tuned up" - a good tech can make it easier to fret and play.    Should be done by the shop automatically - unfortunately it often isn't on entry level guitars.

• Members

I'm really a novice and know nothing about guitars so I honestly don't know what I like.

I'd like a guitar where you don't have to press down real hard on the strings to make your chords.

I'm willing to spend several hundred dollars to get a good guitar that sounds good.

I want to play country, blues and rock and roll music.

I hope this helps; thanks for your reply.

Archived