Xaviere Acoustics

mike003

• Members

Wow ... they do look nice. The all solid with rw b/s for 369! Or the lam rw b/s for 199!

We need someone to be the guinea pig. Volunteers???

Im hoping!!! I might be able to swing one in a month for a little christmas gift to me!!! Im outgrowing my cheapy Epi!!

• Members

Got my XV 200S which is the maple necked number and it's real purty. Looks just like the pix on the GFS web site. I'm no expert, but it sounds good to me. My only other acoustic is a Washburn D10S and a side by side comparison has them about equal to my ear. The Xaviere plays real nice and the fret work seems good to me. The black tortosie binding is really snazzy. Delivered to my door for $195. I like it!

• Members

Do all models have nut widths of 1 5/8ths?

I am not sure I have ever played a nut width that small. My hands get cramped playing 1 3/4, and 1 11/16ths seems just right. I guess I need to know if I am goldilocks ... this one is too small ... lol. What other manufacturers have 1 5/8 nut widths I could try out at a store?

Bob.

• Members

Great guitar for the price. I like the sound. Wonder what the sonic differences are between the different models.

The feel is good, but I need to lower the action a little. There are a couple finish flaws, especially a rough spot at the top of the neck to the side of the nut. I'm not crazy about the tuners, but they work. The pickguard feels a little cheap but it looks cool.

I would definately recommend the guitar or buy one of the other ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

What's with all the resurrected old threads lately? :confused:

Whatever. I missed this the first time around, but those actually do look pretty sharp. The solid spruce/solid rosewood dread for under $400 looked very tasty. In general, the ornamentation is very nicely done - the rosette, the binding, the inlays - they look great on all of the guitars.

• Members

I resurrected it to add something of value to the subject at hand, and to build on the other valuable info in the thread instead of starting an entirely new thread.
:confused:

I wasn't criticizing, just pointing out a fact. And really, this thread isn't all that old. There was a two year old thread that came back to life the other day, and for some irrational reason I can't fully explain, that bothers me.

What can I say? I'm not normal . . . :poke:

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Decided to bump this older once bumped already thread to add the Xaviere xv-580SS to the mix. I did a NGD thread on it aready but I came across this thread from a yahoo search trying to find any other person that might have one (couldn't find one). There were a couple of posts on this thread wondering if Guitarfetish's top acoustic was any good so I thought I post my impressions again for anyone interested.

I am totally sold on the 580SS it is a really wonderful sounding guitar and it looks like a million bucks. For $369 without a case one can only wonder about the quality and workmanship of a "all solid woods guitar" but the fit and finish are quite amazing for any price. What surprised me was that the Solid SITKA spruce to was fully matched and the rosewood sides are matched too. The features list is long and legit. Solid matched SITKA spruce top, solid rosewood back and matching sides, mohogany neck w/rosewood fretboard, rosewood bridge w/ebony pegs and abolone dots, hand cut bone nut and saddle, gold tuners with ebony buttons, body and neck binding, abalone in pearl neck inlays, abalone purfling and rosette front and back, I think that's thats all of it as if that werent enough for $369 (shipping was $23.00).

Of course all the fancy stuff doesn't mean much if it doesn't feel and sound great when played and this one delivers on all counts. The sound was my big worry in buying an acoustic sight unseen (something I swore I'd never do oh well NEVER SAY NEVER) but when I stummed my first chord I was a believer. It either sings or it doesn't (see my Seagull S6 Cutaway dull dull dull) and this guitar has a wonderful range of sound from the bottom end through the mids right up to the high chimes.

Whats weird to me is I can't find one other person that has this model anywhere on that world wide web, not one review either. One would think that someone other them myself would have dropped a review somewhere but if so I can't find it. It would be great to get another perspective and I am hoping someone reads this and talks about theirs HELLO OUT THERE FELLOW XV-580SS OWNERS ECO ECO ECO......!

Well bottom line is most wouldn't take a chance on this guitar and I can't blame them but I did and was richly rewarded with what looks and feels like a $2000 and that isn't just blowin smoke I promise. I would highly recommend this model to anyone that wants a fooz load of guitar for a tiny price. Oh BTW ended up purchasing an equally huge bang for the buck Silver Creek archtop case with an amazingly beautiful crushed velvet green interior. The thing is built like a $200 case easy and it has six latches and locks, amazing value.

So my campain continues to tell others of my find and to locate at least one other owner of this guitar and find out what THEY think for a change.

All rights reserved, void where prohibited, batteries not included, some assembly required, add water makes its own gravy.

• Members

I posted this a couple weeks ago...still in the honeymoon phase, but still impressed by the guitar.

So now that we are back to 'normal' I thought I would add a NGD with a short review.

First, I had to replace an acoustic electric (long story but I didn't do it, really) that I had for 5 or 6 years, nothing fancy but a guitar I liked. So I didn't have a lot of money to spend. I really thought about Yamaha, Epiphone and the others, but decided on this one.

2012-09-07192942.jpg

2012-09-07193231.jpg

2012-09-07193308.jpg

2012-09-07193002.jpg

2012-09-07193027.jpg

So now for the short review.

Fit and Finish ....Grade B. The fit is very, very good, I had to lower the grade a little due to some over spray and some imperfections in the finish coat. But it's just small finish issues, dust most likely.

Set Up and Playablitlity ...Grade B. Out of the box the action was normally high from the manufacturer. Not a big deal, most every guitar I have ever purchased needed a set up. I just have to sand the saddle a little.

Tone......Pretty subjective isn't it. Grade B. Very nice sound, the solid cedar top combined with the Bubinga Laminate back and sides have a nice warm sound. Highs are a little mellow, but complex. Great over tones. Mids are strong and bass is equally strong.

Electronics.......Grade B-....The 4 band equalizer is good. The adjustments are very touchy. So, it's like set it and forget it. Small changes are sort of hard to achieve, but other than that it works as it should. The tuner is excellent.

Overall.....Grade B. For the 2 bills it cost to get it to my door, I have absolutely no complaints. As a matter of fact, I feel I got more guitar than the selling price. That doesn't happen often.

For a bedroom type player or a beater, I think this is worthy of consideration for anyone. It's not a Taylor or a Gibson or Martin, but me owning any of those would be like pinning earings on a hog anyway.

Yes, Virginia it's a Xavier XV 150 SCE. I think when I have the money, I just might try one of the top of the lines deals.

• Members

Hi Revans, Interesting review, It certainly is a pretty guitar, the back, sides and headstock look amazing. I thought long and hard about getting an Xaviere acoustic with lamination but just couldn't pull the trigger. One way or another I wanted an all solid woods acoustic and nothing I could find seemed to come close to the features of the 580SS so I took that chance. My understanding is you have 10 days to return it if not happy so there is an out if your truly unhappy with it. In my case I may have been lucky as there are no flaws in the finish I can find, no overspray or the like. The only flaw I can find is a tiny tiny white hair about the size of an eye lash that is actually under the finish on the back. I kept trying to brush it away with no success, it took me a couple of swipes before realizing it was incased in the finish iteslf duh. Not a big deal at all.

I love the sound of the guitar which is rich and full and no doubt benefits from having the solid rosewood back and sides. Thing is I'm no expert I just go by the gut feeling I get when I strum an acoustic. You know it either sings or it doesn't and as I've said before that was my great worry, that I'd get it and it would sound dull like my old Seagull did. Thankfully I couldn't be happier with the chime it gets top to bottom. Maybe a real expert would pick it apart with ease but I can only go by what I hear. I am dying to strum it side by side with some really high end acoustics just to compare straight up but I'm not sure GC would like that or if it would be considered low brow so I guess I'll keep wondering. If you do get the 580SS please do a review I am dying to hear another opinion on this guitar. Well hope you have a great Sunday afternoon. Now who wants to soft rock!

Archived