Last Song

EdBega

• Members

John Prine's "Hello In There".  Working on Darrell Scott's "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive", but I haven't come up with a version I like yet. Been doing it, off and on, for about six months and it always sounds dumb when I do it, so I might just send that one to the round file.

I keep a file on my desktop called "loose ends" that's chock full of lyrics for a lot of songs I'd like to do. Every once in awhile I'll pull one out and mess with it for a little bit, then go back to the same old stuff I've been doing for years....stuff I already know how to do. I'm gettin' lazy in my old age, I guess.

I HAVE managed to completely rework one song I've been doing for over 40 years. Kenny Rogers and the 1st Edition's old song, "But You Know I Love You". I slowed it down from the way I used to do it and it turns out I like it a lot better now.

• Members

"There's Something About That Name" by Bill Gaither. I've been playing it for years and I finally worked out a version that matches the one in The Methodist Hymnal. Other than that, "Wonderful, Merciful Savior" by Selah along with the praise band.

Archived