I Want It So Bad It.....

poppytater

• Members

,,,hurts. I want to sing the sun down and play the moon up I want to make her smile through her tears on the front porch I want my reality to match my dreams not wake up to fumble fingered craving I want Hoyt to be wrong about bony fingers I want what I feel in my bones to spring into the air around my head and spread to  the horizon

• Members

poppytater wrote:

,,,hurts.
I want to sing the sun down
and play the moon up I want to make her smile through her tears on the front porch I want my reality to match my dreams not wake up to fumble fingered craving I want Hoyt to be wrong about bony fingers I want what I feel in my bones to spring into the air around my head and spread to  the horizon

Then you must start to sing, Pops. You can do it, my friend: the more you do it, the better you get - like everything, really.

• Members

"Poor choice of words on my part, shoulda left out sing. I've made my peace long ago with not being able to sing. What had me so frustrated last night was my realization I'm no musician , It's just not in me."

You know, I have met a lot of ukulele players who improved on guitar because they started playing ukulele. A lot of it is confidence, but, the uke helps someone refine their guitar technique and the ukulele is such a pleasant sounding instrument that it is hard not to enjoy playing one when you take the time to do it.

Your posts often make me smile and that is a talent in itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Poppy, I believe that you and I started about the same time. I don't feel that I have any talent either but I enjoy what little that I can do so I just keep going. I don't think that either of us will ever perform professionally but that was never the intention anyway.  I'm doing this because I enjoy it and I think you do too. Whether we are good or not has no bearing.

Actually, I think I might be getting better. The dog no longer leaves the room when I pick up a guitar.

Just have fun and don't worry about stuff that doesn't matter.

Archived