Stella Harmony Guitar

carrie143

• Members

Stella guitars were first built in the USa, then offshore, and then limited in number in the USA again at times. They were made for years. So, it would be hard to track down the date without some sort of serial number for reference.

• Members

1970 is the year that they started producing models with laminated tops. I am looking for what models and years that some were produced offshore. I guess some are branded "Made in USA" and some are not. I have a friend that owned one years ago that was made in Japan (unless it was a forgery). It had the Stella decal with the line under it.

The models with the Fender-like (Silvertone-style?) headstock came from the 1970s and seem to be laminated.

• Members

I bet it looks just like this.  And it's probably '60s.  I'm hoping you paid less than 100 for it..  In their day, '20s-'40s, they were made very nicely, and some of the '60s Harmony's were made pretty decent, but do not have the dollar value attached.  A nicely sought after Stella Harmony of the new batch is the 922 12 string, ladder braced, made in the '60s.

Yours could be a decent little guitar.  Not worth a whole lot, but may be decent nonetheless.

Stella Harmony

Archived