Guitar Center or Sam Ash ...

EdBega

• Members

My local mom and pop music store.   They did the Bobapaloosa gig, have regularly brought Martin and other seminars to town.   Prices are fair, people are knowledgeable and friendly and they support my town and the musicians who live here.   I vote with my wallet.

• Members

I hail from Columbus, Ohio, too. Yep, Guitar Center and Sam Ash are very close to each other (Morse Road). Like Opa John, I live a good distance away. John, I am near Westland High School.

Sam Ash always gives me better service, but, Guitar Center has a better assortment of acoustic guitars. The thing I can't figure out is why they put up a metal wall and hung guitars on it. I have seen guitars scratched from swinging back and forth on that lousy metal wall. Way to go GC!

I've heard good things about the Blue Grass shop. The other shops in town (String Shop has lots of factory blems and stuff, Fret Shop - good repair work, German Village Music Haus - does guitar work for Eric Clapton, but, small variety of good instruments) are all in areas where I hate the traffic, although they are not as far away. The only other shop is the Music & Arts which is like a Mom & Pop shop with GC/MF money behind it.

• Members

Love window shopping at Guitar Center, but I've never bought a guitar there.  I suppose I might at some point in the future.  Meanwhile however, I recently bought a brand new, still in the original box, 2012 Taylor GA3 through Sam Ash Direct for only $839 (50% of MSRP) ... no tax, and free 2nd day FedEx shipping.  From start to finish, I couldn't have been happier with Sam Ash Direct. 

Archived