Pick which Seagull acoustic-electric: Entourage or Natural Elements? HELP!

billyzoom2112

• Members

I'm torn between two Seagull acoustic electrics. Both have pros and cons. I've been only able to actually try out one of them at a Guitar Center. Now I come to you for your input and advice.

Seagull Entourage CW BL. This is a cutaway dreadnought with a solid cedar top, laminated cherry back and sides and a QI preamp. I like that it has a solid top, it's black, it has a cutaway, it has electronics, and I've found a place where I can order one for $550 with case.  Entourage in Black

Seagull Natural Elements Mini Jumbo. This is a mini jumbo with a solid cedar top, laminated cherry back and sides with a B-band ACI.5T preamp (other body types and laminated woods are available). I prefer black but like the natural look of this guitar. It has a cutaway and electronics. I can't find any version of this guitar in my neck of the woods to see if I like it so online purchase will be a leap of faith. I can order this with Seagulls TRIC case for $674 but could shop around and get cheaper but likely without hardshell case.  Natural Elements mini jumbo

Bang for buck, the Entourage is hard to resist. I tried a sunburst model and I loved the crisp tone. Somehow I suspect the Natural Elements will be much brighter which may not necessarily be a good thing. But without trying one, I have no way of being sure. I would love a mini jumbo in black but Godin simply doesn't offer one. Either model will be a compromise but likely both are really nice especially for the price.

So, anyone try out both? Own both? Pros? Cons? -Thanks!

Archived