Sheet Music...

EdBega

• Members

I don't know why I didn't go this route sooner. A lot of my frustration has been with measures and chord timing. I also realize I'm never going to be any good at transcribing so sheet music is an obvious answer for me. Anyone else?

• Members

IDK about the music you're looking for, but I've rarely found any real sheet music for the stuff I want to work on. It just ain't out there.  I have several of those "songbooks", and I guess what's in them will get you started, but it ain't what the original artist did.

There's a reason for that. There is no "official" sheet music for a lot of music today. And if someone does go to the trouble to accurately transcribe it, it would be a copyright violation, unless this person could get the blessings of the original artist, which usually ain't likely.

• Members

FretFiend. wrote:

IDK about the music you're looking for, but I've rarely found any real sheet music for the stuff I want to work on. It just ain't out there.  I have several of those "songbooks", and I guess what's in them will get you started, but it ain't what the original artist did.

There's a reason for that. There is no "official" sheet music for a lot of music today. And if someone does go to the trouble to accurately transcribe it, it would be a copyright violation, unless this person could get the blessings of the original artist, which usually ain't likely.

This got me thinking.  Are there any programs out there which would take a music audio file as input and then transcribe it for you?  THAT would be awesome!

Archived