No announcement yet.

Sheet Music...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet Music...

I don't know why I didn't go this route sooner. A lot of my frustration has been with measures and chord timing. I also realize I'm never going to be any good at transcribing so sheet music is an obvious answer for me. Anyone else?

"Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Ever use any tabbing software? Guitar Pro ain't the best, but it's pretty good. Just a little learning curve on figuring out how to use it.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

• EdBega
      EdBega commented
      Editing a comment

Yeah some but it's mostly only available for the real popular songs. I see they are charging for pro tabs at Ultimate now ...

IDK about the music you're looking for, but I've rarely found any real sheet music for the stuff I want to work on. It just ain't out there.  I have several of those "songbooks", and I guess what's in them will get you started, but it ain't what the original artist did.

There's a reason for that. There is no "official" sheet music for a lot of music today. And if someone does go to the trouble to accurately transcribe it, it would be a copyright violation, unless this person could get the blessings of the original artist, which usually ain't likely.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

• EdBega
      EdBega commented
      Editing a comment

The one I got reads written by Ray Davies (of the Kinks) and published under license from Sony/ATV music publishing, from Misicnotes online.

• rainrainwash3
      rainrainwash3 commented
      Editing a comment

FretFiend. wrote:

IDK about the music you're looking for, but I've rarely found any real sheet music for the stuff I want to work on. It just ain't out there.  I have several of those "songbooks", and I guess what's in them will get you started, but it ain't what the original artist did.

There's a reason for that. There is no "official" sheet music for a lot of music today. And if someone does go to the trouble to accurately transcribe it, it would be a copyright violation, unless this person could get the blessings of the original artist, which usually ain't likely.

This got me thinking.  Are there any programs out there which would take a music audio file as input and then transcribe it for you?  THAT would be awesome!

Working...
X