New Simon and Patrick Parlor Acoustic

docjeffrey

• Members

Happy Canada Day! I've been on the road for two weeks with my wife. We attended a conference in Victoria, BC and we are currently in Vancouver for a few days before heading east to Jasper, Banff, Glacier.

I picked up a new Simon and Patrick Parlor acoustic and my jaw is still stuck to the floor from the first chord I hit on this all-solid mahagany/spruce/rosewood beauty. It sounds a million miles away from any other small bodied acoustic that I've encountered, and I think that the wonderfully cross silked Sitka Spruce top is just gonna get better and better. 

I recorded a short clip but be forewarned: I had to use the built in mic on my iPad since were on the road. You should get a pretty good idea of its sonic footprint though. Let me know what you think.

Simon and Patrick Parlor Acoustic Guitar

sp1.jpg

sp5.jpg

sp2.jpg

• Members

By the way, the background noise in the recording is coming from the beach at English Bay. We're across the street at the Sylvia Hotel on the 6th floor, but with the windows open, we can hear the noisy din of the city and the beach. Sorry, but it's quite warm here and this historic building is not air conditioned.

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:

By the way, the background noise in the recording is coming from the beach at English Bay. We're across the street at the Sylvia Hotel on the 6th floor, but with the windows open, we can hear the noisy din of the city and the beach. Sorry, but it's quite warm here and this historic building is not air conditioned.

Sweet little guitar and holy sh*t - if thats the Sylvia Hotel near Stanley Park, I've stayed there a couple of times many years ago.    That little git sounds wonderful, thanks for the clip.

Enjoy your tour - some years ago we drove our classic British sports car to Lk Louise, then  Banff, up the BJ Highway to Jasper, down the Thompson River and then thru Manning Park to Vancouver (sort of the reverse of your tour).    Stunning country - you will enjoy every minute of it.

edit to add - Mrs K just walked by - I shared both the story and the sound clip with her.   She said thats a really nice sounding guitar and its nice to know that the Sylvia is still a good place.

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:

If you're in the Sylvia, I'm just across the other side of English Bay in Kitsilano. In the winter, when the leaves are off the trees, I can see that hotel from my place.

Looks like a stunning guitar. Where did you get it? Does it have a slotted peg-head? I'm looking for a nice parlor myself.

Congrats and enjoy your stay.

PS - but you must tell everybody it always rains here so they stay away.

Archived