WTB a gently used Martin D-28 or D35

Justbefrank

• Members

Preferably in Canada but willing to consider nice guitar in great condition with some history from the US. I have friends spread around the US so shipping to a US address would be less of an issue than shipping direct to Canada.

I have about $1500 to spend. That may be on the low end for some but it is a lot for me. I really want to upgrade my guitar but with three kids in music school I can only afford so much.

Please feel free to pm me.

Thank you.

• Members

If it has to be a Martin my favorite model is the J-40. New ones can retail around $2,500 to $3,000, but like most new Martins, they take a huge depreciation hit and you can find used but practically new ones around $1600.

Like this for example

Like this for example.

Maybe seek one out and try it before you settle on a drednaught style.

Personally I like a jumbo Gibson styyle. Here's a bubinga one that went for around $1200

• Members

Justbefrank wrote:

Preferably in Canada but willing to consider nice guitar in great condition with some history from the US. I have friends spread around the US so shipping to a US address would be less of an issue than shipping direct to Canada.

I have about $1500 to spend. That may be on the low end for some but it is a lot for me. I really want to upgrade my guitar but with three kids in music school I can only afford so much.

Please feel free to pm me.

Thank you.

I have no kids, but I would say kids first and do what you can.

I'm not a fan of the 3 piece back on the D35, if they are still using a 3 piece back

I'd probably go with the D28.

I'm actually more of a fan of the M series Grand Auditorium, but that's neither here nor there.

I once shipped a guitar to Canada, I was told that if you use UPS or Fed Ex you will have to pay customs fees. This is not so if it is shiped US mail, but it takes a long time to get to Canada. I think the guitar I shipped to Calgary from Massachusetts took 3 weeks.:eek:

Archived