How about some music from a forumite? Takers?

Neal

• Members

Y'know, this forum is sorta dead.  Yep, gone the way of the dinosaur, until its brought back to life by... well, by whoever.  Here's some music I did in response to another thread, but really never went anywhere.  I do notice that folks will post in controversial topics (thanks), but in real music topics... well, not much going on.  So I'll start this, and hope that others may want to post one of their songs, feel free, not taking any "limelight" from me by doing so.

This song is traditionally done a lot faster, Bo Diddly beat and all that, but I take it a bit slower.  Comments are appreciated, not looking for anyone to tell me that I need to check the rattle on my bottleneck, I is what I is.  But again, post YOUR MUSIC as well, no need to wait for the VOM, though if you want to, cool as well.  I'll probably post this there as well.

A cool feature of the new HCAGF is that they'll host your vids, so youtube can be taken out of the equation for those that care about that sort of stuff, maybe a little less desirous of showing your chops to the world, etc..

The equipment used:

2004 Dell'Arte Leadbelly 12 string, 26.5" scale tuned way down to open A (as opposed to open D)

Bottleneck by Diamond Bottleneck, an "ultimate", glass crystal.  Pretty nice slide, one of my favs, and my first Diamond.

Voice by Jack and Pat.  Don't know what they did, but I'm ok with it.  (or maybe.... just maybe, my Uncle Bill and Pat, y' never know..... ;) )

• Members

Thanks Freeman.  It beats logging into a thread, finding it old, and posting stupid pics of zombies.  I'm hoping the old regulars mature in their thoughts regarding community, because that crap's getting pretty tired.

I wonder what it would be like if those old regulars posted their music as well, instead of old youtubes we've seen a thousand times by bands whose members are already dead or in the nursing home.

• Members

That's some good stuff there, Neal. It's got that early Little Feat Lowell George vibe. Nice arrangement.

Ya know, I feel bad for not contributing asmuch to the VOM anymore and I've got a million excuses why I don't. Some are good, some aren't. When I get the chance maybe I'll change my ways. No promises though.

• Members

Don't own a video camera, but here's a little ditty of a "mildly Top Forty from Yesteryear" nature...a good tip-jar feeder, too!

http://terryallanhall.com/almostlikeasong.mp3

Guild JF-4 into a Shure SM-81, then into a fairly crappy mic preamp of unknown brand (better mic preamp is set up elsewhere, and this is just a "quick and dirty" into-the-computer recording).

• Members

bluzboy wrote:

That's a very cool, fresh take on a stonecold standard.  

Well-played, too, sir! 

(Great sound on that Dell'Arte...what gauge strings you using?)

Thank you sir, I believe it's the 13-56 set from Pearse, it's been awhile since I've changed those... too long.  I have a set from Elderly, the set that Leadbelly liked, 14-64, but with a 14 paired with the 64, which I don't think I'll do.  I'll set a 25 or 30 alongside it.  He must've done it because a string broke, and he used what he had, and like a lot of us just didn't want to change the dang thing again.

Archived