• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Diamond saddles

Has anyone given these a try?

http://www.obbligatoinc.com/trad_sdl.aspx

About the carbon material for the saddles, from their website:

"This material is a very specialized form of carbon. There are many forms of carbon ranging from graphite to diamond. Black Diamond carbon is not graphite, nor is it a carbon-fiber composite, versions of carbon typically used for musical instruments. It is a highly engineered form of carbon requiring specialized equipment to produce. While, unfortunately, expensive to produce, the random, fine grain structure of Black Diamond carbon provides a very efficient means to create or transmit desired string harmonics of a musical instrument."

I have to admit I'm a sucker for new things that come out for acoustic guitar.  I'm sure the saddles will sound different, but whether its better is something inherently subjective.  If it does lead to a significant improvement I would say the $90 isn't a large price to pay, but that's where the risk lies.  I may be spending that money on something I don't like.  I would say is a safer risk than spending $70 on titanium bridge pins.

$90-100 per saddle does seem kinda high, at that.

Believe I'll wait until someone else installs one, see what THEY think!

Comment

• DarkHorseJ27
      DarkHorseJ27 commented
      Editing a comment

Graeca wrote:

$90-100 per saddle does seem kinda high, at that.

Believe I'll wait until someone else installs one, see what THEY think!

I have found a handful of reviews on them, most of them positive.  But given the small number you never know if its someone with a vested interest masquerading as word of mouth.

For a while here I was the one who tried the newest and latest things and let the others know what I thought.  Then my divorce took all my money.  Just about got myself all out of debt other than my student loans.

Working...
X