Ever heard of Swingbox Guitars?

wkendhacker

• Members

Well, Crafter seems to get a lot of love from those who know them well, so their doing knock-offs might not be a bad thing at all. Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of a former lawsuit-guitar owner. The Tak-Martie knock-offs were outstanding gits and I'm still kicking myself for parting with mine.

As for them having a less expensive line, I haven't heard of anything, but I'm not as up to speed on such things as a lot of folks who post here.

• Members

I thought I'd add a final word to this discussion, unless someone responds on behalf of the company. The Swingbox website has 2 ways that you can interact with them. You can click a link and buy a guitar, or you can email for info. I emailed for info and it came back undeliverable, address no good or whatever.

Curiously, the link to "buy" a guitar works fine. I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

• Members

...I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

Good plan.

A single web page??? :freak: Payment by Paypal only??? :freak: Their only contact is a yahoo email address??? :freak:

That's a fly-by-night, grab-your-money-and-disappear operation if there ever was one. Run away fast. :eek:

• Members

I noticed when you click on "buy" you can see on that page, the guy has a music store called, Al's Music Source. It's an E-bay Music Store. http://stores.ebay.com/Als-Music-Source/Guitars-/_i.html?_fsub=2727196017&_sid=138752747&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 The guitar is cheaper to buy from there, butv with fewer styles available.

I thought I'd add a final word to this discussion, unless someone responds on behalf of the company. The Swingbox website has 2 ways that you can interact with them. You can click a link and buy a guitar, or you can email for info. I emailed for info and it came back undeliverable, address no good or whatever.

Curiously, the link to "buy" a guitar works fine. I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The Swingbox gtr is basically a nice gtr, but it is not up to professional standards right out of the box, as far as I'm concerned. I bought one and had several of my luthier friends wrk on it. It now plays so well that I consider it one of my best gtrs . But I did put some money into fixing what was wrong. Besides the usual stuff of wrk on the nutt nut, bridge wrk, shielding of electronics, fret wrk, & neck wrk, I had a new LR Baggs piezo element installed cause the original was a cheapie p/up. I kept the original pots. I kept the original Gotoh tuners. Now, after all the wrk that was done on it, It plays so easily and sounds gr8. I have mine set up w/ med ga (13-56) Elixer Phosphor Bronze strings.

• Members

The number of alleged 'new members' on Harmony Central continues to grow. They revive old threads instead of simply starting a new thread and saying 'hello' or asking a question, like the overwhelming majority of genuine 'new members' used to do. They usually only post once, but occasionally may make three or four posts, and then they are not heard from again.

This is not coincidence. This is no mysterious anomaly.

It is a cheap tactic promoted by someone or some group in the management of Harmony Central, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, or perhaps Lithium. It is intended to give the appearance of activity on otherwise dead forums, and to falsely inflate the member count, the post count, and the hit count on the major search engines.

In reality, the net effect of this sleazy tactic is that what few legitimate members that remain are leaving.

Conspiracy theory? Go take a math course. 2 + 2 = 4.

• Members

I have a couple of Crafter SA gtrs. Initially, I bought the first one transparent black tiger maple from Carlino Gtrs in Medford, MA, cause there's no store in HI that brings them in. I was curious about it. It is a hybrid gtr- piezo & electric. It is similar in appearance to a Taylor T5, but that where the similarity ends. I also have a Koa Taylor T5. The Crafter is a gr8 gtr in it's own way. It uses LR Baggs electronics which is vry gd. It has a Kent Armstrong magnetic p/up. It allows you to blend both signals or just isolate each signal. I was so impressed by this gtr that I bought another one- vintage sunburst tiger maple (which I have never taken out of the case yet). It's just a back up.

• 7 years later...

Archived