Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever heard of Swingbox Guitars?

Taylor copycats, but I wonder if they're not terrible...http://swingboxguitars.com/
    The "artist" formerly known as RKO

I've heard rumors that they're made by whoever makes Crafter guitars...anyone know if this is the case?
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Doesn't Crafter also do a T5 ripoff?

Comment

Well, Crafter seems to get a lot of love from those who know them well, so their doing knock-offs might not be a bad thing at all. Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of a former lawsuit-guitar owner. The Tak-Martie knock-offs were outstanding gits and I'm still kicking myself for parting with mine.

As for them having a less expensive line, I haven't heard of anything, but I'm not as up to speed on such things as a lot of folks who post here.

Comment

I may spin the wheel and pick up the swingbox nylon string. Unfortunately, I don't guess you can go to a store and try them out and there's very little info on their website or on the interwebs at large.

Comment

Doesn't Crafter also do a T5 ripoff?

Crafter

Swingbox

Taylor

Certainly some similarities...
            God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

I thought I'd add a final word to this discussion, unless someone responds on behalf of the company. The Swingbox website has 2 ways that you can interact with them. You can click a link and buy a guitar, or you can email for info. I emailed for info and it came back undeliverable, address no good or whatever.
              Curiously, the link to "buy" a guitar works fine. I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

Comment

The website inspires lots of confidence. I must give these people my money.

I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.I.K.F.C.E.S.C.Potato SocietySAWG

Comment

...I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

Good plan.

A single web page??? Payment by Paypal only??? Their only contact is a yahoo email address???

That's a fly-by-night, grab-your-money-and-disappear operation if there ever was one. Run away fast.
                  __________________________________________________ _________
                  Wondering where all the voices of dissent went?...
                  http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ty-voice/rants
                  When this place craters check this out...
                  http://village.melodyvine.com/forum/

Comment

The website inspires lots of confidence. I must give these people my money.

I must give these people your money too...
                    Campbell UK-1
                    http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
                    https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

I noticed when you click on "buy" you can see on that page, the guy has a music store called, Al's Music Source. It's an E-bay Music Store. http://stores.ebay.com/Als-Music-Source/Guitars-/_i.html?_fsub=2727196017&_sid=138752747&_trksid=p4 634.c0.m322 The guitar is cheaper to buy from there, butv with fewer styles available.

I thought I'd add a final word to this discussion, unless someone responds on behalf of the company. The Swingbox website has 2 ways that you can interact with them. You can click a link and buy a guitar, or you can email for info. I emailed for info and it came back undeliverable, address no good or whatever.
                      Curiously, the link to "buy" a guitar works fine. I think I'll wait this one out and keep looking.

Comment

The Swingbox gtr is basically a nice gtr, but it is not up to professional standards right out of the box, as far as I'm concerned. I bought one and had several of my luthier friends wrk on it. It now plays so well that I consider it one of my best gtrs . But I did put some money into fixing what was wrong. Besides the usual stuff of wrk on the nutt nut, bridge wrk, shielding of electronics, fret wrk, & neck wrk, I had a new LR Baggs piezo element installed cause the original was a cheapie p/up. I kept the original pots. I kept the original Gotoh tuners. Now, after all the wrk that was done on it, It plays so easily and sounds gr8. I have mine set up w/ med ga (13-56) Elixer Phosphor Bronze strings.

Comment

• FretFiend.
                          FretFiend. commented
                          Editing a comment

The number of alleged 'new members' on Harmony Central continues to grow. They revive old threads instead of simply starting a new thread and saying 'hello' or asking a question, like the overwhelming majority of genuine 'new members' used to do. They usually only post once, but occasionally may make three or four posts, and then they are not heard from again.

This is not coincidence. This is no mysterious anomaly.

It is a cheap tactic promoted by someone or some group in the management of Harmony Central, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, or perhaps Lithium. It is intended to give the appearance of activity on otherwise dead forums, and to falsely inflate the member count, the post count, and the hit count on the major search engines.

In reality, the net effect of this sleazy tactic is that what few legitimate members that remain are leaving.

Conspiracy theory? Go take a math course. 2 + 2 = 4.

I have a couple of Crafter SA gtrs. Initially, I bought the first one transparent black tiger maple from Carlino Gtrs in Medford, MA, cause there's no store in HI that brings them in. I was curious about it. It is a hybrid gtr- piezo & electric. It is similar in appearance to a Taylor T5, but that where the similarity ends. I also have a Koa Taylor T5. The Crafter is a gr8 gtr in it's own way. It uses LR Baggs electronics which is vry gd. It has a Kent Armstrong magnetic p/up. It allows you to blend both signals or just isolate each signal. I was so impressed by this gtr that I bought another one- vintage sunburst tiger maple (which I have never taken out of the case yet). It's just a back up.

Comment

Working...
                        X