Fingerstyle Guitar Picks

tearsbled

• Members

Wondering if anyone has used these and what you thought about them. They're called Alaska Picks, and the website is http://www.alaskapicks.com I seen in a youtube video that they are supposed to be fitted to your fingers in order to make them stay on your finger right. Just want to make sure they work right before I shell out the cash for em. Thanks

• Members

tearsbled wrote:

Wondering if anyone has used these and what you thought about them. They're called Alaska Picks, and the website is
 I seen in a youtube video that they are supposed to be fitted to your fingers in order to make them stay on your finger right. Just want to make sure they work right before I shell out the cash for em. Thanks

Never personally used them, but a lot of folks like 'em a lot.

• Members

I have always played with flesh and nails, however I struggle with conventional metal finger pickes when I play my resonators.   I'm reminded of a comment that Mark Hansen made (Mark is a great fingerstyle teacher and has produced a number of fingerstyle instruction books).   He said that in his early days he played with picks (as did Kottke and many others) but once found himself at a party.   He was handed a guitar and found that he couldn't play it without his picks.   He said he vowed right then to quit using them and became a much better player as a result.

Obviously your milage may vary.

• Members

Fingerstyle picks? That sounds like an oxymoron but there you have it in the link. I've tried something similar from Dunlop and hated the feel of them. I'd rather just get my nails professionally done with a shellac coating and live with the stigma but as it stands now I'm too cheap and skeered by what my wife would say to do it.

Archived