New guy in the room

Oldguy64

• Members

Hello folks, just joined today, and did a noob resurrection of a dead thread. Mea culpa! And my apologies.

I'm a mostly acoustic guy. I play two old Alvarez acoustics, and a sweet Ovation, recently obtained.

I have a weak spot in my heart for Yairi's, and Second generation Gibson Gospels.

I've enjoyed my short stay, and I promise, I'll keep the resurrections to a minimum.????

• Members

"Noob resurrections" are a bit of an undesirable trend lately here, since the mass exodus of legitimate members from Harmony Central following their disastrous switch from vBulletin to Lithium. It seems that certain people either directly or indirectly in the employ of the owners of this forum are creating numerous new user accounts and making first posts reviving old threads, in the hopes that it will promote some new participation in the threads by the remaining legitimate members. They have been, um, very creative. It has had some limited success, but any increased activity has almost certainly been offset by the additional exodus of more legitimate members who are fed up with these cheesy tactics.

Under normal circumstances, "noob resurrections" are almost unheard of.

I truly hope that you are indeed simply a noob who erred, and not one of these shills. If so, welcome! This place desperately needs some members focused solely on the subject of acoustic guitars. The coming days will tell the story I guess.

• Members

Oldguy64,

Welcome.  I hope you are a new member who has plans to stay here.  You would be very welcomed. If you have a question that's already been answered before but you want more info than the previous old post just ask it in a different way, in a way the old post didn't answer you completely.  Old posts are usually answered eight ways to Sunday which is why some people think it's a waste of time to ask it again.  You'll find this disturbance on about any forum.  Take Care.

• Members

Oldguy64 wrote:

Hello folks, just joined today, and did a noob resurrection of a dead thread. Mea culpa! And my apologies.

I'm a mostly acoustic guy. I play two old Alvarez acoustics, and a sweet Ovation, recently obtained.

I have a weak spot in my heart for Yairi's, and Second generation Gibson Gospels.

I've enjoyed my short stay, and I promise, I'll keep the resurrections to a minimum.????

Welcome,  Oldguy64, and don't give a second thought about "noob resurrection of a dead thread" ...some folks whine about that, but they whine a lot about a lot of other things, as well. Just ignore them. Some have some hilarious theories as to "faux-noobies" and shillery, but have no explanations as what the pay-off for such might be...but, any laughter is probably good for the soul.

BTW, I, too, like Alvarez Yairis, though I haven't owned one in many years. Nowdays, I tend to accumulate Guilds (they're highly addictive!)...

Hope you enjoy this place!

• Members

I've already extended my welcome, but I'll make it official.   I'm another old guy - darn near as old as this forum - and I like almost any guitar, some a little more than others.

There are other acoustic guitar forums out there but this one seems most like a bunch of musicians to me, you'll agree with some of us, disagree with others, probably end up ignoring a few and maybe even considering a couple as friends.   If you haven't discovered it already, there is a monthly Virtual Open Mic where we get to listen to each other - there are some pretty talented people who hang here. 

• Members

welcome Oldguy64

always nice to make a new friend -

on this forum we like all guitar players and what ever guitar they love to play -as well as what ever music floats their boat -seriously , reguardless of their music preference .

all we ask is that you be patient with the rest of us old guys -when our minds start to wander , and we go off on a tangent - about this or that ( remember some of us were kids back in the sixties and seventies )

Like my kids say -" im older than dirt "

• Members

I was also a kid n the sixties and seventies. I'm just young enough that I remember the seventies.

I'm only two years younger than my first car, which was a third generation Ford Thunderbird. ????

I may understand you BETTER when your mind starts to wander.

I chose OldGuy as my handle, cause that's what my kids call me. LOL. Even the ones that hang about and don't share our genes.

Archived