Does It Really Get Any Better Than This? I Don't Think It Does.

Opa John

• Members

Opa,

The grass does look pretty green over your way but I must tell you there is one thing you lack that would make your herd the envy of everyone.  An archtop acoustic.  I wish you had kept the 60's archtop you had.  What a beauty.  I once had a HD-28 that I wish I still had as we all probably wish we had a hook on a guitar from the past.

It's always a pleasure to hear someone say they're happy.  I wish there was a way to bottle that up.

• Members

Joe, I have no idea what 60s archtop you're referring to. I never owned a 60s archtop except for a Kay archtop that I owned for a short time when I was in the Army back in the mid 60s. The only other archtop I ever owned was a 30 year old Gibson L-5 that was on its last legs when I bought it. It had been beaten damned near to death by a string of Army GIs for God only knows how long. And, to make matters worse, someone had, at one time, cut a round sound hole dead in the middle of the front of it. Whatever value it had at one time was ruined when they did that to it.

That old Gibson, however, DID sound nice and played like a dream......so, in retrospect, I'd have to say it was worth what I paid for it back then......$17!

But, Joe.......I'm not an archtop guitar guy......I'm a flattop guitar folk song type guy.

Archived