Best guitar related videos

Freeman Keller

• Members

Since its both the time for giving and videos make a good gift, and the fact that I like to watch music videos, I'm looking for suggestions on the best ones.   Some of my recent views have included

The Last Waltz - the Band et al.    We've been talking about this one in another thread - I really enjoyed it

Its Going to Get Loud - Jimmy Page, The Edge, Jack White - just three incredible guitar slingers doing what they do best

Chasing Sound - The Les Paul story.  Pretty cool documentary from the Father of both the electric guitar and multi track recording

Home and Away - Leo Kottke.   If you are a Kottke fan you'll all ready know about this one.   The jam with Leo, Chet and Doc is worth the price alone, and Leo takes you to his basement "where bad guitars go"

We've seen several others but they seemed to be rather lack luster.    What do you folks suggest?

• Members

Check out Monte Montgomery's "Six String Wooden Friend". Also Mark Kroos "Dueling Banjos"

Monte for a great song, and Mark for the most incredible angle handed rendition of that particular piece.
They are, but short YouTube vids...but they'll put a smile on your face.

As for actual movie type vids. The only one I can think of is of an electric guy.
If is both of Stevie Ray Vaughn's shows at Austin City Limits. The first is his early days, and the second is his sober days.

Archived