X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Martin D-50 Deluxe Brazilian - A Real Showstopper

We are very excited to announce the arrival of this extremely rare Martin Limited Edition D-50 at Dream Guitars featuring both Brazilian Rosewood and Bearclaw Sitka Spruce.

This 2003 Martin Limited Edition D-50 is number 2 of only 50 made and is as much an art object as an instrument. Not withstanding its amazing appointments, this baby sounds amazing. Lush, tight basses are easily coaxed from this beauty, along with well defined mids and trebles with just the right chime and sparkle.

Price: $39,995

Click Here for The Full Listing, Audio, Video and Specs: http://blog.dreamguitars.com/martin-d-50-brazilian-limited-edition/

Click Here for The Full Listing, Audio, Video and Specs: http://blog.dreamguitars.com/martin-d-50-brazilian-limited-edition/

I'm sittin' here trying to think of something nice to say about it. Stay tuned.......

Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

• guildfire
      guildfire commented
      Editing a comment

Only 40K?  What a deal.

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

That's pretty fancy...love the inlays on the neck and the BRW is beautiful!

That'd be a nice guitar for televised appearences, but I'd be afraid to use it in a typical C&W bar (too good a chance of it being damaged by a drunk).

DEFINITELY a real showstopper. Pity there isn't a 17" jumbo version (a Martin J-50?)

• garthman
      garthman commented
      Editing a comment

Opa John wrote:

I'm sittin' here trying to think of something nice to say about it. Stay tuned.......

I've already decided - took me 2 seconds - and I feel very queezy. 

scottdg wrote:

We are very excited to announce the arrival of this extremely rare Martin Limited Edition D-50 at Dream Guitars featuring both Brazilian Rosewood and Bearclaw Sitka Spruce.

This 2003 Martin Limited Edition D-50 is number 2 of only 50 made and is as much an art object as an instrument. Not withstanding its amazing appointments, this baby sounds amazing. Lush, tight basses are easily coaxed from this beauty, along with well defined mids and trebles with just the right chime and sparkle.

Price: $39,995

Nice guitar... but every single one of your seven posts on Harmony Central has been retail spam - in direct violation of our site rules.

This will be your last one - Goodbye.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• kwakatak
      kwakatak commented
      Editing a comment

Spam notwithstanding, I must say that I like some of that inlay, especially the "leaves" around the end pin and on either side of the center strip on the back. 

As a former student of the visual arts though I see this as being overly decorative as in the style of French Rococo.

Thanks Phil.

Comment

• guitarcapo
      guitarcapo commented
      Editing a comment

Looks like an oyster threw up on the fingerboard.

After a certain point it just looks a little too much like it belongs in Liberace's boudoir.

Personally I'd prefer a little less pearl and a little better wood. That wood is nice but not quartersawn.

Better Brazilian rosewood is available on Ebay. If they couldn't go with that, African Blackwood would be killer.

Hold the pearl....but for $40,000 maybe use wood like THIS

braz.JPG

braz2.JPG

Attached Files

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

koiwoi wrote:
      Thanks Phil.

No - thanks to you folks for letting us know about it.

We really do appreciate it when you guys let us know about spam; with you all serving as extra eyes, it helps us spot it and deal with it faster. After all, we can't be everywhere at once, or read every post as it goes up...  

Damn! Even Freeman Keller called it as spam. I am duly impressed.

I had more respect for Dream Guitars too. And yep, that thing is butt ugly.

Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society, Martin snob, vitriolic sociopath, and tantrumist

Comment

Calling all fools - your guitar has arrived. VERY special too, only 49 others exactly like yours.

Comment

• Peter Doubt
        Peter Doubt commented
        Editing a comment

This is why I don't like tattoos.

Personally, I'd rather spend the 40 large on a BMW. Spending this much on a guitar, I'd be scared to play it, and I'm certainly not going that far in hock for a showpiece. Just my $.02.

Yamaha BB404Fender Mexi Jazz, customizedYamaha TRB-1005Fender Highway-1 Strat, customizedEpiphone Les Paul, Worn BrownTakamine Jasmine acousticTaylor 114ce acoustic/electricPeavey 210TX+ext 2x2x10 comboFender Bassman 150 1x12h comboWhen shopping for an axe, you will probably find yourself negotiating with your checkbook. This is normal, but do refrain from talking to it out loud.

Comment

• isitnormal?
        isitnormal? commented
        Editing a comment

A car that depreciates 30% after you left the car lot.

Hey everyone, Dream Guitars here. We messed up here. We blatantly missed the terms of this forum. It's on us. We do not want to be spammy as we hate that very much ourselves. We do love posting about our instruments but do not like breaking forum rules. Again our apologies to everyone.

Comment

• Graeca
        Graeca commented
        Editing a comment

Dream732 wrote:
        Hey everyone, Dream Guitars here. We messed up here. We blatantly missed the terms of this forum. It's on us. We do not want to be spammy as we hate that very much ourselves. We do love posting about our instruments but do not like breaking forum rules. Again our apologies to everyone.

Decent of you to apologize. Kudos!

Working...
    X