Savoy" MIJ

OldFatDog

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32296714}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32296715}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32296716}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32296717}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32296718}[/ATTACH] . . . and that is about all that I know about it. The neck-plate and the back of the pickup are marked "JAPAN". I could find no mention of "SAVOY" in Frank Meyers' book on the history of Japanese guitars. Internet research (to date) has only come up with 1 other example wich did not look anything like mine.

Help: Where did this come from and when and what kind of value does it have?

• Members

Doesn't look Tiesco/Kawai to me. I have about 20 of the old Jap Jobs and that one is a bit odd. Problem with a lot of these old guitars is one may never know who made it. And even if you think you do you could be wrong. Here's about the best site I've found on the subject and you'll notice Savoy didn't make the list. Neither did my Marathon. Looks exactly like a Kawai S-140, My St George looks exactly like a S-180 but the site says it was made by Shiro. Go Figure? https://spinditty.com/instruments-gear/Japanese-Manufacturers-of-Made-In-Japan-Badged-Guitars-from-1950-to-1980

Archived