New Used Birthday Guitar!

badpenguin

• Members

Somehow, this never appeared, so forgive me if it got double posted.

Well, the other day I had another Hatching day..... sigh. So to beat the blues, went down to my fav shop in central Florida with a few guitars in tow for possible trading. First off, he teased the hell out of me with showing me a real 56 Paul Custom, followed by a 62 Ric Capri, then a Ric from the 50's, with the original horseshoe pickup, and a tin back! Beautiful beasties, but would have cost me the price of a new car to walk out with. Then he pulled out a guitar that he had just gotten in, and asked my opinion on it, since he knows I know Japanese guitars as well as he knows American. As he pulled it out, that seagull from "Finding Nemo" landed on my shoulder and said "Mine. Mine."

1976/77 Aria Pro II PE-130. All original, nothing changed, but alas, no case. So into the negotiations we went. After much whining, complaining, gnashing of teeth, arm twisting, and other assorted tactics, we agreed on a price, and I became the incredibly proud owner of it.

Problem is, the bridge pickup, an ORIGINAL Uncle Matt Superflux pat pending, to my ears, one of the most horrid sounding things on the planet. Think Bob Dylan, complete with harmonica, as the pickup. Ok, you got it and understand. Nasal, shrill, and a perfection of ick, all in white plastic housing. So I knew I was replacing it once home. So..... on the way home, stopped in a nother shop here in Daytona. Decent shop, sometimes having some really cool items. (Fell in love with a Gibson ES130. Nice, but a bit out of my price range.) And in the display case I spy a pickup. "What's that?" I queried. "A Dimebag from Duncan. Give me 50 for it." Some more gnashing of teeth followed, and for 35, it's mine. Problem is, it's NOT what he claimed it was.

A few minutes searching on the web, and the model number, showed me it was a Duncan CUSTOM SHOP Tony Iommi!!!! About 135-150 used. Score!!!! So a few minutes with a soldering iron, and here she is, in all her glory! Enjoy.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tGEDC0392.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t303.0 KB ID:\t32277597","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32277597","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

• Members

And the other pics that never turned up, and somehow went to Buttfack, Jupiter..... go figure.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32277827}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32277826}[/ATTACH]

Archived