Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Have For Guitar And Bass Players...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Have For Guitar And Bass Players...

I've had a hard and fast rule of thumb, avoid any projects a couple weeks prior to a gig. I've followed this rule after busting my knuckles working on my car a couple days before a gig. So, July 4th, my son wants to mount a flag in the back of the truck. Pretty easy, but got lazy, didn't wear gloves and nicked my left index finger loosening a bolt. Just happened to be the tip of my finger too! Later that night tried to see if I could play. Sure enough, sliding raw skin on a guitar string was nasty. And 3 days away from the gig.

Bought a bottle of "liquid bandage", put a couple of coats on and was able to get through most solos. Used a little more next day. By, gig time, it was patched up enough to allow me to play!
    A must have for any string musician!!!

Been doing that for years with regular old super glue. It sure does work!
    Listen...

Comment

Also sold under the name brand "New-Skin".
      This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Prime example of Murphy's Law. Glad you were able to make it through the gig. With any luck you'll know to be more careful next time.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I've used super glue for that for at least 30 years or more. No cut is comfortable but you cant typically get through the night at least.

Comment

Working...
          X