Reverse Silverburst

Chordite

• Members

• Members

Not only do I not care for it but if thats a factory paint job it looks like an amateur did it with a rattle can. What is that big black area on the front and back of the bass side of the top - funky lighting or finish or a couple of holes? I'm guessing it is belly cuts that are reflecting the light in some strange fashion.

• Members

I think a well done 'burst where one color fades into another can be very effective. The old Gibson cremola and tobacco 'burst, a '59 Les Paul burst, many of the finishes that PRS is doing. However with this one you could see the splatter from the paint gun - it was simply a crappy paint job.

• Members

haven't thought about it before, but actually i like the idea of a reverse burst better... but i really hate 3-tone-sunbursts....

and my favourit finish is a transparent one, where you can still see the wood, no matter whatcolor as long its not burst :)

• Members
Ebay seem to have a new policy of pulling images as soon as a listing ends, getting boring

Here is a reasonable shop of one at the top of this blog.

http://www.strat-talk.com/media/another-shot-of-my-stratocasters-2013-blacktop-hh-in-sonic-blue-with-maple-fretboard-2003-squier-standard-in-reverse-silverburst-with-a-mother.23495/

when a listing has ended ebay shows only a small summary and links to "similar" items :(

but right to the auction title there is in small letters "See orignal listing" klick this, still at first you see lots of other suggested items, but scroll down and you see how it was before....

i know its annoying and not intuitive, but i guess ebay thinks they make more sales with this...

beside i'm not gear shopping that much that i used to, i do not much ebay anymore

Archived