Marshall DSL5C effects loop

mattbkk

• Members

Hello,

I have an issue since I bought a Marshall DSL 5C amp:

I can use it with my effects only through the effects loop, nothing connected to the ampli input, with the following chain: guitar-NS2-tuner-overdrives and distortions within a loop in the NS2, and then delay and reverb.

I must use them all in the ampli send-return, creating a loop with the NS2 only for overdrives and distortions.

OR I can plug guitar and overdrives directly in the ampli input.

What I cannot do, and I have already read several manuals, blogs and instructions, is plug the guitar and overdrives into the amp input and create an effects loop only for delay and reverb.

The problem is the effects loop works great, but I cannot use the ampli controls if I don't have anything in the ampli input, I am forced to to adjust volume and tone from the effects.

It seems I am forced to choose between either all effects and guitar in send-return only, or guitar and a few effects into the ampli input and nothing in send-return.

As soon as I try to connect the guitar to the ampli input and use the send-return loop for delay and reverb I get no sound.

It's been a long time since I used to play guitar, about 10 years, and this Marshall is quite innovative, but I would like to use it at its best. I am surely doing something wrong, but it's quite strange that all works fine as long as I have only the guitar into the input and if I connect also send-return the sounds stops. All I know is it's not a problem caused by pedals and cables, I have already tried tens of setups, but I have really no idea about the solution, there might be a technical reason I am not aware of.

Thanks

Archived