New Used Pointy Guitar Day!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all, now I have to say, I was the one that about 2 years ago said, "If you are over the age of 50 and play a pointy guitar, you look like a D-bag." Yep I said that and own it. Well,. look at the newest recruit in the D-Bag army!

I saw this, and had to get it. it's a 1983 Westone Raider I. Made in Japan by Matsumoku. Missing a pot, no wiring, and a tuner. I threw everything on it in about 10 minutes.

It's everything I DON'T like in a guitar.

It's pointy

It has one pickup

It's pointy

It has a single volume control

Pointy

Strat trem style bridge

Pointy again.

Silver sparkle paint that was stock

And yes, it's pointy.

So why did I get it? simple:

It's an uncle Matt I never knew existed.

Plays surprising decently.

It has the original MMK45 pickup.

And it was 35 bucks from CL!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tGEDC0381.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t130.1 KB ID:\t32265549","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265549","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265550","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265552","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger versionName:\tGEDC0383.JPGViews:\t1Size:\t196.8 KBID:\t32265551","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265551","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\thqdefault.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t24.2 KB ID:\t32265642","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265642","data-size":"full","title":"hqdefault.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

You'll poke your eye out kid. :cop::lol:

Seriously, HNUPGD! :wave:

• Members

I had a Kramer Pacer Custom that had a pointy head stock bought it in the 80's and sold it some collector in Canada maybe 10 years ago.

It was in killer shape with not a nick in the body, nice Kramer labeled flight case too.

I have over the years, collected old skool classic guitars. Gibsons, Fender, Rickenbacker PRS, Godin 5th aves..

I have a few.

I didn't play metal and never have. I have also never owned an amp that wasn't a combo amp.

I like the classics in amps too, with not really high gain, although some of the Mesa amps I have own could get pretty high gain.

I say if it works for ya and keeps you playing go for whatever you dig.

• Members

Westone don't know how to make a bad player so the neck will be surprisingly good once cleaned and sorted and the lack of switchgear will keep you focused.

However the red lettering is an aquired taste that I am never going to aquire.

The trouble with these runt rescue kittens is they always end up being the lap cats, I don't know why. smiley-happy

Here is a more tasteful one, in fact the way the blue and yellow fuse into a green band is so nice it almost makes me want one for myself !

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/40954/ngw-shield-your-eyes

• Members

I have an old PRS CU 22 in McCarty flame maple sunburst, that's got kind of a double pointy headstock.

Birds and 10 top.

I thought I have a pic of the whole guitar on this pc. Nope.

Plays nice, kinda feels a bit Les Paul, Humbuckers when you want them, and parallel and series single coil wiring. Sound more tele to than strat.

I think they hand-number all the USA PRS guitars.

I tried a bunch of PRS guitars that day, McCarty's cu 22, cu 24's.

All good. This one spoke to me.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"DCP_1126.JPG","data-attachmentid":32266407}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Bad Penguin - if you are married, tread very cautiously.

Your wife could impale you on that thing. Then you would die a slow, agonizing death.

It happens more often than you think to married men who buy sharp, pointy guitars - especially those who buy sharp, pointy guitars with glitter paint jobs.

Wife gets angry. She grabs the dangerous guitar

and impales her husband. It's a tragic but every day

occurrence in America. Those guitars are more

dangerous than Pit Bulls or pet rattlesnakes.

Be alert at all times. Do not trigger her.

• Members

How in the hell can one not love that walk'en talk'en erection inducing flame thrower!!! Damn, $35 freaking dollars.

Hey all, now I have to say, I was the one that about 2 years ago said, "If you are over the age of 50 and play a pointy guitar, you look like a D-bag." Yep I said that and own it. Well,. look at the newest recruit in the D-Bag army!

I saw this, and had to get it. it's a 1983 Westone Raider I. Made in Japan by Matsumoku. Missing a pot, no wiring, and a tuner. I threw everything on it in about 10 minutes.

It's everything I DON'T like in a guitar.

It's pointy

It has one pickup

It's pointy

It has a single volume control

Pointy

Strat trem style bridge

Pointy again.

Silver sparkle paint that was stock

And yes, it's pointy.

So why did I get it? simple:

It's an uncle Matt I never knew existed.

Plays surprising decently.

It has the original MMK45 pickup.

And it was 35 bucks from CL!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tGEDC0381.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t130.1 KB ID:\t32265549","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265549","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265550","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265552","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger versionName:\tGEDC0383.JPGViews:\t1Size:\t196.8 KBID:\t32265551","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32265551","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Archived