Man....just when you have given up on new music...SURPRISE!

webe123

• Members

I was at home watching the second season of a show called Luke Cage...it is basically about a black man that had some experiments on his body done by the government that mde him bulletproof and explosion proof. (He does not wear a cape or costume, just regular clothes....but goes out and takes on drug dealers amd the like)

Anyway, I was watching the 2ond episode where they have a scene of this guy playing guitar in this bar with a live band and you could have knocked me over with a feather at that point! He was ca blues player....and man was he good. The guys name was actually a real recording artist named Gary Clark Jr....he has had some success in the US with one song but that was about it.Love the Gibson SG he was playing!

But his playing immediately reminded me of something like Jimi Hendrix or SRV would play. And it kind of restored my faith that there still IS talent out there....even if it is buried because it is not rap or hip hop.

Take a listen to a couple of his songs I heard on that TV episode of Luke Cage and judge for yourself. You may or may not like it depending on what your tastes are....but I love it! As an old coot who longs for 70's music...this really hit the spot! I left the links below in case somebody wanted to check the two songs I mentioned out.

(Bright Lights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPW-OJ6KkY4

and

(If trouble was money)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcbxii72Yw&t=215s

ENJOY

• Members

for the recent justice leaque movie he did this monster cover:

[video=youtube;r7imYeuAfkg]

he is this weekend around my area, but he will have ony a 45 minute slot in the afternoon, and i'm not interested in the rest of the lineup and the tickets would be 80 something euro...

while we are at it, have you heard of these two sisters called larkin poe?

[video=youtube;t91ypNncvAk]

i just post this to fix you up, there a lot more of this youtube cover videos, but they do also great originals have 2 or so albums out and are currently heavliy touring in the u.s.

Archived