I bought schaller strap locks on ebay

mbengs1

• Members

The schaller locks were $25. This is for my gibson les paul. is this fit for my les paul? I think there are more expensive strap locks $25 schallers seemed to be expensive enough to go into my expensive Gibson. I thought maybe I got the wrong one. Maybe there's other schaller strap locks that are more for my expensive Gibson.

• Members

I love straplocks and use them on my heavier guitars. One thing to remember once you have them installed: check the tightness of both the strap buttons (on your guitar) and the tightness of the strap-lok nut on the guitar strap. Both of these will work loose over time, so check them before playing so you don't have to live the LP broken headstock nightmare.

• Members
. . . This is for my gibson les paul. is this fit for my les paul? . . .

Yes, they'll fit your Les Paul. Or your Ibanez, or a Strat, or a Jazz Bass. Strap buttons/strap locks are pretty much universal. There aren't Gibson strap locks or Fender Strap locks or Ibanez strap locks. As long as they're properly installed/used/maintained you'll be fine.

• Members
The schaller locks were $25. This is for my gibson les paul. is this fit for my les paul? I think there are more expensive strap locks $25 schallers seemed to be expensive enough to go into my expensive Gibson. I thought maybe I got the wrong one. Maybe there's other schaller strap locks that are more for my expensive Gibson.

They work well.I have had hem on my Les Paul Standard goldtop fr over 35 years.

Two words of advice. The crews are smaller than what comes out of the Gibson, so you need to glue a dowel in the holes and start fresh.

Now when you put on the strap part face the U shape lock up and not down. This will reduce any change of the strap locks from slipping off. They can and will slip off.

LP's can be heavy, plus you resting your picking arm on the top of the body.

They are standard on my Fenders and Gretsch's and Rickenbacker's. Probably a few other too.

• Members

Straplocks look like bad physics to me. I use locking straps and those work fine. The plastic never contacts the guitar body so no finish issues either; no windmills of course. There is one possible attribute to those wood splitters though. They might torque the guitar body into giving up more sustain. :idk:

Archived