Please help me with wiring my Jackson JS23 guitar

mbengs1

• Members

I really don't know why the middle pickup won't work. My guitar has 3 pickups. I put a dimarzio super distortion on the bridge, a Duncan Custom SSL-5 on the neck, and a Tesla VR-1 on the middle. The dimarzio and the Duncan pickups work fine but the middle Tesla single coil doesn't. I tried switching the wires of the Tesla to see if it was wired incorrectly but it will not work either way. What's wrong with the wiring of the guitar? I don't understand guitar wiring that much. Maybe the middle pickup gets cancelled out for some reason? Does it have anything to do with the output jack? I can post a pic of the wiring of the guitar if u need to see it. Thanks in advance.

• Members

When I got the guitar from the luthier, the neck and bridge pickups were wired in reverse. the middle was normal. I wired the neck and bridge the normal way and got a better sound from the guitar. but the middle pickup is still dead. there's some sound coming through but very weak. I tried disconnecting the output jack, tone capacitor, and other wires in there and didn't get any results. Maybe the pickup died?

Archived