How to adjust studs in trem posts of my ibanez rg350

mbengs1

• Members

Hey guys, my Ibanez rg350 has a edge zero 2 bridge. It's supposed to have studs in the trem posts that you can adjust to increase sustain and resonance (which is what i'm trying to do). It needs a 2mm allen wrench as stated in the manual. I tried a 2mm wrench and didn't get anything turning with it. This is really weird to me. It says in the manual that you can adjust something in the trem posts but I see nothing. any help with this ?

• Members

Some Ibanez tremolos have a small set screw in the center of the height adjusting screw on the trem post. I believe it is 2mm and locks the post after you have adjusted it. Not all of the have it but it is well described in the instruction manual which your luthier can download. I just did one last week and it was straightforward. As I recall the height adjusting screw was 4mm - the three correct allen wrenches came with the guitar.

• Members
Some Ibanez tremolos have a small set screw in the center of the height adjusting screw on the trem post. I believe it is 2mm and locks the post after you have adjusted it. Not all of the have it but it is well described in the instruction manual which your luthier can download. I just did one last week and it was straightforward. As I recall the height adjusting screw was 4mm - the three correct allen wrenches came with the guitar.

I tried the 2mm allen wrench that came with the guitar and it didn't latch on anything in the trem post. like there's nothing there. this is weird.

• Members

It's possible the set screws fell out. If they weren't tightened down and you've been using the guitar it's very likely. You'll need to get a flashlight and look in the hole to see if the screw is still there. If not you can order them easy enough. M4 set screws typically have a 2mm hex drive.

• Members

If it does have them the manual shows that they would be way down inside the stud post, they would be hard to see The S670QM that I worked on did not have them, once string tension was backed off the height adjusting screws turned fairly easily. The manual told which models of trem had the locking screws.

Archived