Anyone else tried the new PRS/waves combo amp sim?

Chris Harbin

• Members

Oh, yeah, sorry, I re-installed and it's fine, I'll edit. 29 bucks for us previous owners is a good price, but it's nothing to get overly excited about.

Plus, in cubase it has two issues: One, the "mono to stereo" results in the right side being like it was mono, and two, the "mono" input is EXTRAORDINARILY high in CPU. This is not the case in Reason 10 where everything is kosher.

• Members

in Cubase duplicate your mono track ,then in the track inspector where you have the volume ,pan and track delay in milliseconds ,adjust the track delay on the duplicate copy then pan both tracks apart ,you will get a big fat stereo image, you might not like it but i think it works better than the mono to stereo plugins. you can also turn the snap button off, zoom in and just drag your duplicate out of sync slightly for the same effect.

• Members

I appreciate the answer, but it should be like in reason 10. If you load the mono/stereo version, it should give me a version that allows for the air and the dual cabinets built in.

Again, I'm also weired out by the excessive CPU use in cubase. Again, reason 10 doesn't have this issue. I'll write them tomorrow.

Archived