Help me find my Main guitar

mbengs1

• Members

I never looked for a guitar since I started writing my own music which was about 4 years ago. I think I can get a guitar that really looks like me. and plays and sounds like a dream. right now, I use Ibanez super strat guitars, and a Gibson les paul, as well as a fender Mexican strat. Since I don't consider myself a normal player (i'm a bit different in my body type, hehehe). Help me find my guitar. suggest some that I might be interested it. What I want is, not Ibanez, not charvel, or Jackson or any 'popular brand' that sells a lot. maybe a Carvin. I also prefer one with a Floyd rose trem. two humbuckers. strat scale length. and a unique body style. what do suggest? :)

• Members

I have NO IDEA what is or isn't available in the Phillipines... and what is your budget for your "main guitar"?

"Carvin" guitars became "Kiesel" guitars, the guitar-making part of the business parted ways with the sound reinforcement business.

Is there a place that sells PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitars, Music Man guitars, G&L guitars? Those are all well-regarded brands here in the States.

I really suggest visiting some music stores, try out some different guitars, and see what feels good to you, sounds good to you, and inspires YOU.

• Members

Ummmm.... no matter how I say this, it comes off cross. I, nor does any body else here, knows what you want. We don't know what fits your body, your mindset, your hand, so why the hell are asking such an inane question? That's like me asking for someone to find the perfect cat for Mr. Grumpy. Does he like cats? How the hell do I know,. just find him one. Asinine.....................

Next question. How the bloody F*** do I mute this "persons" posts? I am sick of the intellectual black hole his posts are.

• Members
I never looked for a guitar since I started writing my own music which was about 4 years ago. I think I can get a guitar that really looks like me. and plays and sounds like a dream. right now, I use Ibanez super strat guitars, and a Gibson les paul, as well as a fender Mexican strat. Since I don't consider myself a normal player (i'm a bit different in my body type, hehehe). Help me find my guitar. suggest some that I might be interested it. What I want is, not Ibanez, not charvel, or Jackson or any 'popular brand' that sells a lot. maybe a Carvin. I also prefer one with a Floyd rose trem. two humbuckers. strat scale length. and a unique body style. what do suggest? :)

Gibson Custom Johnny A. Signature. Aside from the Bigsby instead of a Floyd Rose it meets your criteria.

Here's Johnny...

with a little demo of what the guitar can do for a good player.

[video=youtube_share;iLXNdU8Mnrc]

• Members
I have NO IDEA what is or isn't available in the Phillipines... and what is your budget for your "main guitar"?

"Carvin" guitars became "Kiesel" guitars, the guitar-making part of the business parted ways with the sound reinforcement business.

Is there a place that sells PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitars, Music Man guitars, G&L guitars? Those are all well-regarded brands here in the States.

I really suggest visiting some music stores, try out some different guitars, and see what feels good to you, sounds good to you, and inspires YOU.

I'd like around $2000. There's a store here that sells PRS but I think they're for Santana kind of thing. Music man has the silhouette which I like. There's no music man here as far as I know. No G&L either.

What there is here is Ibanez, Fender, and Jackson.

• Members

I've got my GAS somewhat under control, but Johnny A does make me salivate big time. I like to rationalize "the guitar should play better than I do" but then again, a Squier affinity strat would be adequate

• Members

I got it from the US. Online store. I just played. Sounds fantastic. It has a low mid kick that just kicks butt... all the way! It actually sounds like my strat with a Dimarzio Evolution. Quite similar tonal characteristics. It also sounds like the X2N. both pickups endorsed by steve vai. The tone zone sounds like it too just with a looser feel and sizzling presence.

• Members
BC Rich always works well for me. 25.5", 24 fret, dual humbuckers, jumbo frets and a Floyd Rose option on most models. Diamond and Dean as well. I'd recommend a Diamond Halcyon, or a BC Rich Warlock.

BC rich is used by slayer right? (do they make strat style guitars coz I really want a super strat that looks different from the famous brands that came out in the 80's.I really want a guitar for instrumental rock like neil zaza or something. I also looked into Suhr. That's the kind of look i'm going for. not so common but still has lots of potential to become a famous instrument if another great guitar player comes around.

• Members

Just order a Line 6 JTV; whichever model has the extras you like (scale length, tremelo, etc.). The guitars are well made, sound very good on their own, and have the variax electronics so it can sound pretty much however you want.

• Members

semi hollow? you think a semi hollow will work well in my hands?

Besides this thread in general That statement must have really taken some brain power to come up with.

You actually think people here have seen your hands and can judge whether any guitar would be a good fit for you?

Let me do a survey for you. Have any of you guys been to the Philippines seen this guys hands so you can make a judgement on what neck might fit him? Seem Crickets. Nobody knows what might be right for you and only a flaming idiot would listen to the suggestions of others on what might be right.

• Members

In my humble experience I will say above all else to get a 'seamless stream' between your mind and the sound output the right neck profile for your hands is critical.

Whether for you that is a 'baseball bat' or 'super slim D' I can't tell but but you will know which of your guitar neck profiles makes your playing fluid.

• Members

Why don't you try some of the guitars you already have . It seem you have a LP, EVH Type guitar, Strat and at least 1 Ibanez. I would start playing (practicing ) and quit Moding with Pickups ECT what ever else you do . Practice is the only thing that will Make you better or sound better.

• Members

Besides this thread in general That statement must have really taken some brain power to come up with.

You actually think people here have seen your hands and can judge whether any guitar would be a good fit for you?

Let me do a survey for you. Have any of you guys been to the Philippines seen this guys hands so you can make a judgement on what neck might fit him? Seem Crickets. Nobody knows what might be right for you and only a flaming idiot would listen to the suggestions of others on what might be right.

There is no need to insult the lad. Like the rest of us, he has a passion for the electrc guitar. Perhaps he doesn't have many guitar player friends to talk to where he lives.

If you don't have anything positive to contribute, why not simply ignore his posts?

Archived