Killer pedal! Line 6 content -

hellion_213

• Members

Typically, I have nothing good to say about Line 6, But.....after buying numerous stompboxes, rack effects units, and floor multi effects unit and Never being satisfied, (or willing to keep shelling out $$ for more and more stompboxes and boards) I ordered a M13. i waited to post this until after rehearsing and gigging with it so I could guarantee the honeymoon was over. It does One thing - models stompboxes. That's it. well, plus a tuner and looper. No amp/cab modelling, which is what sucks so bad with everything else. Even programmed Direct, the Digitech and Zoom stuff just doesn't sound right. This does, because it doesn't try to make your amp/cab sound like anything else.

It's awesome for gigging, as you can stage your effects in front or in the loop, and its super easy to see on a dark stage. and you can run two expression pedals out of it, and any stompboxes that you prefer, so I can still run my gate, Sonic Stomp, and Whammy seamlessly.

Does it sound Exactly like the Stompboxes it emulates? Pretty freaking close. I guarantee no one in the audience, short of true audiophiles that are looking at your board could tell the difference.

i know this probably belongs in Effects, but I never post there, so hopefully you all can overlook that.

I have an M9... the M9 and M13 were quite popular with a lot of folks over on the Effects forum a few years ago. I still think it's a very useful pedal, and one I still recommend for people who are just starting out in terms of experimenting with effects. Not only do you get a ton of different effects (which is helpful in terms of learning what you like, and what you don't like - without having to buy / trade / sell a bunch of individual pedals to get that knowledge) it's also a great way to get access to the more esoteric stuff that you'd only use occasionally, without having to buy a bunch of stuff that you'd only use once in a while.

Enjoy the M13 - it's a very useful tool IMO. :wave:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

yeah, with the ability to set up 12 in a scene, and stage the effects with 4cm, its awesome. i thought about going with the Firehawk or HD500X but i dont use the modeling anyway. This thing does everything i need, except i still use my Whammy, and Sonic Stomp. Nothing really replaces a Whammy, or Sonic Stomp, lol!

Archived