G.A.S. is a b*tc* :)

t_e_l_e

• Members

even tough i don't need yet another guitar, i was constantly browsing whats out there.

as i'm settled with strats, les pauls, es335 and also having a tele i was looking for something else

being lefty it's not easy, to find something beside the mainstream.

eastwood guitars offers lots of their models also as lefty so they are a good source. i like the look of the airline guitars, but a normal map is to normal, their folkstar resonater electric would be a great slide guitar, but 1000euro is a lot of money. a airline map or 59dlx with bigsby is 1200... maybe a baritone guitar? or a twelve string? electric or accoustic?

i have a hendrixed danelectroc dc59 which i like the sound and neck aso, but the controlls and output jack are in the way when hendrixed which makes it uncomfortable to play so i unhendrixed it again and keep it if one of my kids want to start to play.

but since then i always had in mind of getting a lefty dc59, but never did, because i wanted something else first, or i had my G.A.S. under controll not to buy.

have i said that i was thinking about a 12string? did you know that dano also makes dc59 12string? also as lefty?

i do now for quite some time. its also a reason why haven't got a lefty dc59 so far, because i couldn't decide if i should get a 6 or 12 string.

anyhow two days ago i was browsing again on reverb.com what lefties out there, and theres a brand new dano dc59 12string up for sale for about 500eu incl. shipping. very tempting, very....

i closed my browser and went to sleep.

yesterday morning i had to pay some bills via my netbanking and had a look at my bank account, i also needed to reopen the reverb page, i showed both my significant other, she sighed and said if i really like it i should get it...

long story short, i just received the notification from reverb, that a lefty dano dc59 12 string has been shipped and is on the way to me :)

i'm really curious about myself how much play time this guitar really will get and how useful this odd-bird will be to me

Awesome! I did not know they made the DC59 12-string in a left-handed version, but I'm glad for you that they do! I really feel bad for left-handed guitarists due to the relative lack of choices that are available to you folks.

I have a late '90s Danelectro DC-12 that I absolutely love. It completely meets all my 12 string electric needs. I don't use it all the time, but it's a wonderful guitar for 12 string electric jangle, as well as for layering / multitracking with other guitar parts. It's a great additional texture that I think you'll be very happy to have. I know I am!

Congrats on the incoming new guitar Tele! :cool2:

• Members
Awesome! I did not know they made the DC59 12-string in a left-handed version, but I'm glad for you that they do! I really feel bad for left-handed guitarists due to the relative lack of choices that are available to you folks.

I have a late '90s Danelectro DC-12 that I absolutely love. It completely meets all my 12 string electric needs. I don't use it all the time, but it's a wonderful guitar for 12 string electric jangle, as well as for layering / multitracking with other guitar parts. It's a great additional texture that I think you'll be very happy to have. I know I am!

Congrats on the incoming new guitar Tele! :cool2:

no reason to feel bad about, its a good thing as it is a safety feature against impulse purchases, more choice means more danger :)

and the time has changed, there are more lefty choices than ever have been before. its just gibson and fender which offer a huge palette of righties in every price range and color and only offer their lefties in their highest prices range (gibson) and limited colors like black, white or sunbrust.

but there also other company e.g. like eastwood. even PRS has produces now lefties and gretsch have lefties also with their electromatic low budget series

or you can build your dreamstrat with warmoth, no need for an overpriced fender custom shop,

or you let freeman build your dream guitar :)

all the recording stuff describe the reason why i want to have a 12 string, but as time is short i haven't been recording that much the last couple of months (read have not recorded anything at all for months)

so lets see what happens when it arrives

• Members
PS Pics when it arrives, or it's a ukulele. :cop:;):wave:

an uke with a pickup or something like the eastwood mandocaster was also traveling my mind....

lets see how the camera of my new (company) phone works :)

no reason to feel bad about, its a good thing as it is a safety feature against impulse purchases, more choice means more danger :)

I'm living proof of that brother! :lol:

and the time has changed, there are more lefty choices than ever have been before. its just gibson and fender which offer a huge palette of righties in every price range and color and only offer their lefties in their highest prices range (gibson) and limited colors like black, white or sunbrust.

but there also other company e.g. like eastwood. even PRS has produces now lefties and gretsch have lefties also with their electromatic low budget series or you can build your dreamstrat with warmoth, no need for an overpriced fender custom shop,

or you let freeman build your dream guitar :)

I'm glad to hear that the options have increased for lefties. I think that's generally a good thing - GAS and temptation dangers aside. ;)

all the recording stuff describe the reason why i want to have a 12 string, but as time is short i haven't been recording that much the last couple of months (read have not recorded anything at all for months)

so lets see what happens when it arrives

As you know, a new guitar can sometimes be a great source of inspiration and a wonderful motivator. I look forward to hearing some new music from you in the months ahead! :cool2:

• Members

I feel your pain fighting that b*tch Goddess known as GAS. I hate wrestling with her, since she's oiled up, and tends to cheat. I decided that the 72/73 SG will be the LAST guitar I get. Even started to put guitars up on feebay and the local CL to sell. (CL has been like a desert as of late.) Swore up and down on a stack of bibles and Premier Guitar Mags, that I will NOT get another guitar. That I DO NOT WANT another guitar!

Then I played an ES295 copy from China..... REALLY thinking about ordering one now. Dammit! :facepalm:

• Members

If you sing/ record it will be very useful. The texture is attractive though after playing it you will probably feel something has "changed" with your 335 but it hasn't, it's just that you are coming down from a 12 string high.

• Members

I had a Danelectro U2 from the 90's. Mine was in Burgundy.

I sold it cause I never really could get on with it.

They were 99 dollars new at the time. I probably should have kept, but I didn't.

You can never have too many guitars.

Hopefully you will enjoy you new Danelectro 12 string.

I'd like to say, I'm guitar set for life and I probably am, but there's always something something. My estate can worry about it.

I had a Danelectro U2 from the 90's. Mine was in Burgundy.

I sold it cause I never really could get on with it.

They were 99 dollars new at the time. I probably should have kept, but I didn't.

Guitar Center actually tossed my DC-12 into a deal bundle of studio gear I was buying at the time, along with a ride cymbal I neither wanted or needed either - they practically made me take the Dano as a condition of the sale. :lol: I'm glad they did.

You can never have too many guitars.

Great advice - write that one down folks! :lol:

• Members

I've got 4 12 string guitars I never play, so I see no reason not to at least have one 12 string guitar you don't play. smiley-wink

LOL

But yeah, I have Gibbie SG 12

Ricky 360-12

Takamine Jasmine A/E 12

and~

:badump:

A semi-hollow Danelectro 12-String

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tp1_ufxqgch1d_ss.jpg?maxwidth=500.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t49.7 KB ID:\t32184582","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32184582","data-size":"full","title":"p1_ufxqgch1d_ss.jpg?maxwidth=500.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

But to make you feel better about your purchase, I probably enjoy playing the Dano the most. Second, is probably the Gibson SG-12, since it has nice action.

But yeah, you NEED a 12 string, how else can you do a decent rendition of "Still You Turn Me On" ? smiley-wink

[video=youtube;yoxHGxQw9ws]

P.S.

I think the reason I enjoy the Dano 12 the most is because it's not only a comfy, small bodied, light guitar, but it also has the jangle that my head associates that should be an integral aspect of playing a 12.

• Members

P.S.

I think the reason I enjoy the Dano 12 the most is because it's not only a comfy, small bodied, light guitar, but it also has the jangle that my head associates that should be an integral aspect of playing a 12.

yes, yes and yes, thats all reasons why i pulled the trigger :)

the usps tracking has no update, so i have no clue how long it will take until i can try it

Archived