• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Busk View Post
    Sick.
    thanks so much for checking this out!

Comment

Originally posted by maplebaby View Post

hello Phil...honored you'd check this out sir! The 'stock' neck is sort of a 59LP neckish, maybe PRS McCarty neck - very nice IMO. I'm a smaller guy with shorter fingers so i get their 60's profile neck which is perfect for me, less shoulders and overall profile a bit 'faster'. Thanks again!
      We're honored that you'd share your very special NGD with us!

I have had the pleasure of playing some nice 50s era Gibsons and Fenders over the years, and I just couldn't get along with the vast majority of them - I have the same small hands issue. The C-neck / slim taper neck profiles work a lot better for me too. When it comes to my personal instruments, thick shoulders on a neck are a deal breaker for me. It's cool that Collings offers the player a choice - I wish more companies did that on more models. I have a brand new 50's Strat RI here for review and it's beautiful - but while the neck dimensions might make it perfect for folks with larger hands than mine, it's not a guitar I could ever personally bond with because it would be too uncomfortable for me to play for long periods of time.

You just made me even more jealous than I already was!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

It's a looker . Any chance of you doing a review or a demo ?

Comment

Originally posted by gardo View Post
          It's a looker . Any chance of you doing a review or a demo ?
          That's a great idea - in fact, if you'd like to do a review, I might even be able to arrange to have it published as a HC article if you wanted to do that...

Drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss it maplebaby.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Rookie - absolutely...thanks for checking this out!

Phil...that's very kind i'll be in touch - really appreciate it!

Comment

She's a beaut, Clark!
              Visit Crash Pad at:
              http://CrashPadBand.com
              CONSUME!:
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
              Gear List/Pics:
              https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
                She's a beaut, Clark!
                sure appreciate you giving this a look...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X