NGD - Collings I30LC

maplebaby

• Members

Possibly the first (or at least rare) time I'd say "I'm jealous" over a NGD.

I've long wanted a Collings guitar, but more along the lines of a dreadnaught since I perceive their superiority to be more pronounced on their acoustics. I've played a couple, most recently a baby Collings, and that thing blew away about every acoustic guitar I'd played before. But I live in WA state, and there's just not a lot of Collings guitars anywhere near me. The closest dealer in Seattle will often only have 2 or a very small handful in stock. Next time I'm back in NY I may have to get serious about a deal with Mandolin Brothers. Hopefully I can deal there and then order it from home to avoid the NY NY sales taxes though. LOL

Enjoy.

• Members
I literally said "wow!" when I opened the thread and saw it. :eekphil:

That's a gorgeous looking guitar! :philthumb:

What's the neck profile like on it?

hello Phil...honored you'd check this out sir! The 'stock' neck is sort of a 59LP neckish, maybe PRS McCarty neck - very nice IMO. I'm a smaller guy with shorter fingers so i get their 60's profile neck which is perfect for me, less shoulders and overall profile a bit 'faster'. Thanks again!

hello Phil...honored you'd check this out sir! The 'stock' neck is sort of a 59LP neckish, maybe PRS McCarty neck - very nice IMO. I'm a smaller guy with shorter fingers so i get their 60's profile neck which is perfect for me, less shoulders and overall profile a bit 'faster'. Thanks again!

We're honored that you'd share your very special NGD with us! :philthumb:

I have had the pleasure of playing some nice 50s era Gibsons and Fenders over the years, and I just couldn't get along with the vast majority of them - I have the same small hands issue. The C-neck / slim taper neck profiles work a lot better for me too. When it comes to my personal instruments, thick shoulders on a neck are a deal breaker for me. It's cool that Collings offers the player a choice - I wish more companies did that on more models. I have a brand new 50's Strat RI here for review and it's beautiful - but while the neck dimensions might make it perfect for folks with larger hands than mine, it's not a guitar I could ever personally bond with because it would be too uncomfortable for me to play for long periods of time.

You just made me even more jealous than I already was! :lol:

It's a looker . Any chance of you doing a review or a demo ?

That's a great idea - in fact, if you'd like to do a review, I might even be able to arrange to have it published as a HC article if you wanted to do that... :idea:

Drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss it maplebaby. :wave:

Archived