Going to NZ with a Barncaster on my back

Freeman Keller

• Members

Here is a bit of irony. When we woke up this morning it was 22 degrees (F) outside and snowing. Avalanche control on the mountain passes, the ski report is for fresh powder. Where I'm going is 25 degress © and sunny.

I'll be off the forum for three weeks or so - you folks will have to get along without me

• Members
Mrs Keller and I leave in two days for a bit of vacation down under. I'll drop this off once we get there

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_4064-2.jpg","data-attachmentid":32170649}[/ATTACH]

Beautiful-looking guitar Freeman!

Is that a short scale neck or are my eyes deceiving me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Post Script

Mrs Keller and I are home after a wonderful two weeks in New Zealand. Each day was its own highlight but one of the biggest highlights of the trip was meeting Grant and his lovely family. Kiwi's (Grant, now I understand your old handle) ares some of the nicest, friendliest, warmest people I have ever met - without knowing anything else about me Grant had Mrs K and I to dinner and took time off from his work to show us around Auckland.

I'll also add that for anyone who has considered a visit to NZ - just do it. It is one of the most fascinating places I have ever visited - like me you won't want to come home.

• Members

Great to hear that you made it home safe and sound! I hope the rest of the country turned it on for you.

You and your wife are such genuinely nice and interesting people that it was our pleasure. I'm really grateful for the guitar as well.

​​​​​​The guitar is just getting better each time I play it.

Archived