Super distortion on an ibanez JS1000

mbengs1

• Members

I plan to put a super distortion on my Ibanez js1000. u think this will work good? it's got a basswood body and a maple neck/rosewood board. i'm having it repainted and the bridge replaced to an Ibanez edge 3 too. This Ibanez js1000 I purchased on ebay in 2007 and it had a broken headstock. I think the original owner broke it off in a fit of rage probably and put emg 81/85 and a lo pro edge bridge. it was meant to be stripped of its fancy parts and the headstock repaired so it looks like new. i'm getting it next week I think. I put the pickups of my Gibson les paul on it the 498t and 490r as temporary pups for the Ibanez js. but I plan to put the dimarzio super distortion there and paf pro or something. I don't know what neck pickup to put there yet. can u suggest please? :)

• Members

Duncan Full Shred, or Dimarzio Tone Zone, for the playing style youve posted in the past. Honestly, a Duncan Pegasus (Bridge) and Full Shred (neck) would probably be the best fit I can think of and stay passive, and not have a bass heavy neck pickup. The Sentient is the go to, but is low-mid/bass voiced.

Curious - what is it you dislike about the Burstbuckers? Those two are an extremely versatile combination, and the 498t is plenty capable of handling shred without muddying up.

• Members

Curious - what is it you dislike about the Burstbuckers? Those two are an extremely versatile combination, and the 498t is plenty capable of handling shred without muddying up.

Burstbuckers are bright. I like a darker tone. the bottom end is just kickin'... But they sound fine. i'll really use anything that has good quality. gotta go with what you have.

Archived