Multi-Effects with High Gain Tube Amp help....

hellion_213

• Members

ok, so I've tried several over the years, and none really sound great with my 6505. ok at best, but almost always muffled. so far, I've tried various Digitech models - RP50, 150, 2000, and most recently RP360, several Zoom models - one late 90s rack unit, which actually sounded good, but some of the effects sounded digital. any suggestions for a sub $1000 processor that will actually sound Decent and nit muffled with my rig? im currently looking at the Nova Drive and Firehawk, if any of you have tried those out. see below for pedals i still plan on running. Thanks guys!

• Members

I'd suggest looking for a used Fractal FX8 Mk II, but that'll be right around the top of your budget above.

If that amp adds tube distortion in both the preamp and power amp stages you'll always struggle with reverb I think, even in the loop. That needs to go on at the desk after all of your gain shaping or else you're distorting a reverberated signal, which is muddy.

Try running your existing multi-effect unit in the effects loop, but with no reverb and see if that opens things up?

• Members

yeah, i would absolutely Love an AFX! maybe one day! i'm also looking at the M13 line 6 stompbox modeler, you have any experience with these? i need something good for live use, and even if i get the 360 to sound half as good plugged in as it does through headphones, the stompbox modeling is difficult to use live (hard to see and identify which effects are active, plus you can only control 3 without going into the menu). i could cut everything out except the Whammy and Sonic Stomp from the board. definitely agree on reverb - sounds Sweet in the headphones, but not so much amped up live

Archived