Junior Brown does Surf

gardo

• Members

Tons o' fun! My Thai buddy and I play those same tunes (not as well) some days here on beach in Thailand. Like pulling teeth to get him to listen to originals like Secret Agent Man. What the heck, the Russian tourists seem to like it.

Country Surf ?

Although Brown plays such neotraditional country styles as honky-tonk, Western swing, etc., few of his performances will finish without some blues and Tex-Mex tunes playing as well as surf rock instrumentals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Brown

A nice selection of styles IMO. I wish more artists were as eclectic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Saw this guy 15 years ago at a club in Alexandria, VA.

I sat about 20 feet from him while he played....I WAS STUNNED !

This guy played "The Guitar Bible" from beginning to end.

Watching this guy play, I was sweating more than him & he was on stage under lights.

Afterwards I got to meet him & it was like an audience with The Pope.

I was looking for "a ring to kiss", I was nervous, scared & completely blown away.

To this day I have never seen anybody "attack" the Guitar the way Junior Brown does.

Jazz, Country Swing, Surf, Blues...whatever.....JUNIOR BROWN IS A MONSTER !

• Members

Yep, I've seen that Junior Brown video before and enjoyed it. He plays 3 surf style songs there that I've played for some time, but of course he makes me feel like my renditions are that of a novice in comparison. Diamond Head, Perfidia, Telstar, and Surf Rider are also some of my faves. I also struggle with Misirlou from time to time. I think that one is hard to play without some beefy strings on the high end.

Archived