No announcement yet.

Sexy Lace

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexy Lace

Has anyone ever seen a lace tablecloth paint job on a guitar? In the late 60's these were ultra cool on cars.

Never seen one on a guitar, or a car for that matter. Really cool looking though.
    Listen...

Comment

Wellll....back in the day there were all kinds of threads here and in the DIY forum about people finishing/re-finishing their guitars. Lace and fabric-embedded paint jobs. Swirl paint jobs. "Rattle can" nitro lacquer finishes, and on and on.
      This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

• gardo
        gardo commented
        Editing a comment
        That cracked me up,relic in perfect condition. yeah right

• Freeman Keller
        Freeman Keller commented
        Editing a comment
        To properly relic a guitar you need to beat on the frets with a hammer, totally muck up the action, pour some sand in the tuners and salt water in the potentiometers. A couple of loose wires in the pups and a cold solder joint or two, maybe break the head off and reglue it. I mean, anyone can scratch the paint, lets do it right

• Emory
        Emory commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to wonder if some online retailers included relics in their "scratch and dent" sales.

I've mentioned my friend who paints motorcycles - he also does a few guitars. There are some examples at the bottom of this page.

http://www.trickpaint.com/galleries/helmets.shtml

If you want to have fun, go back to his home page and look at some of the other galleries. In theory anything that you could paint on a chopper gas tank or a race helmet you could paint on a guitar.

He's the guy I did the skull guitar for - if you look at his work you'll understand.

Comment

I like the Rat Fink toilet seat.

Comment

Working...
        X