No announcement yet.

G&L ASAT Classic Tribute Bluesboy

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L ASAT Classic Tribute Bluesboy

I saw this on my local Craigslist. Couldn't forget the color, so after two weeks I called and bought it yesterday. Seems to be mint, at least I haven't found anything wrong so far. Guy threw in a molded Fender Tele case that fits it. I was pretty happy for $300. Might change the humbucker to balance the voicing a little better because it has too much tonal range between the two pups so hard to set the amp and like all the settings. Considering a Phat Cat (P90) which is a hum bucker sized replacement pup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_g5Mem74uVIl_1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	32138961

Click image for larger version

Name:	00202_dX7OM1prjcZ_1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	32138962

My dad had a '56 Chevy in that same color scheme. Seriously, Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. If you don't want to pay the price of a Phat Cat a lower output humbucker might work in balancing the pickups.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I've been looking at those for a while .Great color If you don't like the humbucker you could always go with a low output mini just by changing the pickgaurd.

Comment

To clarify, I do like the sound of both pickups. It is just that the neck pup is louder than the bridge pup. I need to lower the volume of the pup a bit, or get one with lower output. But before I go drastic I am playing with pup height. I might get a better balance by changing it on each pup. Replacement is last resort because I like both of them.

Comment

As a rule of thumb I always start with pickups as low as they'll go, without falling off the screw, then slowly raise and play about with height. There is no doubt that am Alnico V is far sweeter lower down, mainly why I only use UOA5 and A2 and A3 pickups in my own guitars these days.
          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Ratae Corieltauvorum View Post
            As a rule of thumb I always start with pickups as low as they'll go, without falling off the screw, then slowly raise and play about with height. There is no doubt that am Alnico V is far sweeter lower down, mainly why I only use UOA5 and A2 and A3 pickups in my own guitars these days.
            I'm the same way. FWIW, I usually start with the bridge pup, as they seem to have a narrow sweet spot range, and then adjust the neck (and middle) to balance.
            Listen...

Comment

I think that looks like a well spent $300!
              Happy NGD!
              http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

The height adjustments fixed all my issues. It sounds fine to me now. May still play a little, but it doesn't need any change outs, just adjustments. Although the addition of a Bigsby crossed my mind today. They don't cost much and I think I might like it, but it is SOOOO NON-traditional Tele that I am struggling with the thought.
                Last edited by Axisplayer; 01-16-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X