Trade Epi Trad PRO for Guild Starfire or Supro Black Holiday

waltchwarzkopf

• Members

Hi guys,

This is a quick one:

My Epiphone Traditional PRO is on sale for the same price that I bought it used, I like it and I play it occasionally; but I also have two more Les Pauls, an Epi Custom and a Gibson Studio. It’s on sale because I found out that 4 Les Pauls was too much (I already sold another) so I rather have the cash for another purchase down the road or a different guitar.

Today someone asked me if I wanted to trade the Epi Traditional PRO for a Guild Starfire with Bigsby or a Supro Black Holiday, both new (I’d settle for at least great condition). I have no idea about those guitars (or the Supro brand at all), I know some Guilds are great semi-hollows and others are made in China.

I’ve been toying with the Idea of MAYBE getting a semi-hollow, like an Epi DOT or better. As much as I’d prefer a Gibson ES 335/339 I could not afford it.

What do you think? Is one of those guitars “better” than mine? Or with “higher” resale value? In case I don’t like it and want to sell it, I wouldn’t want to get less than I would have gotten for the Epi.

Thanks a lot guys! All advise would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Walter

P.S. If you live in Zürich and want to get together and jam, send me a PM.

EDIT: My guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Traditional PRO Custom Shop Limited Edition 2012

• Members

It sounds like you have plenty of 2HB guitars. I assume the SF III is an import (Newark Street Series). It is a hollow body with pickups that fall between a full size humbucker and a mini-bucker, They are brighter sounding and with the hollow body construction, would give you something different tonally than your other guitars.

Archived