Stray Cats Reunion

gardo

• Members

I saw the BSO in Louisville KY around 1998 in a small (2500 seat) theater and it was simply one of the best, tightest, and most impressive live musical performances I've ever seen. Setzer's live guitar work just defies description. And he's a superb vocalist.

An even better story is that in about 2007 my wife and I were in Chicago, sitting at the bar at the Westin Hotel on the north end of Michigan Ave and she turns to me and says "if that's not Brian Setzer sitting at that table, I'm not flippin' sitting here!" I turned around and there he was, sitting by himself. I'm not one to be a celebrity chaser, but I jumped up and went over, apologized for interrupting him (he was sitting by himself), and just told him I wanted to let him know how much I enjoyed the BSO show in Louisville several years ago. He was SO friendly and gracious it took me by surprise. He said "oh yeah I loved that beautiful theater in Louisville - great place to play". Then he told me why he was there - the Stray Cats were playing the next day with ZZ Top (wish I could have seen that!). Anyway, he came off as a really cool and genuine guy and was great to chat with for a few minutes. And, what a virtuoso guitarist!

Archived