Digitech Trio

RaVenCAD

• Members

Any fans of this device? I got one recently and it's really neat. Play a chord progression and it comes up with a drum pattern and a bass line to go along with it. How cool is that? Yeah, it ain't gonna make a hit record, but it's a lot of fun and a LOT better than a metronome.

• Members
Any fans of this device? I got one recently and it's really neat. Play a chord progression and it comes up with a drum pattern and a bass line to go along with it. How cool is that? Yeah' date=' it ain't gonna make a hit record, but it's a lot of fun and a LOT better than a metronome.[/quote']

I own one and I'm no fan. The bass lines and beats seem clumsy to me. Better for me to just buy Standard MIDI files. I have a sequencer.

Sweetwater was blowing these out for $49. Spend a little more money & get something that does loops too.

• Members

1 - I already own it, so spending more money isn't going to happen. I have no interest in MIDI anyway. I'm a guitar player, not a programmer.

2 - I already like it. I'm sure there are better options, but this one serves my needs just fine and fits right on my pedal board.

3 - I already have a looper and I like the idea that they're separate.

4 - Amazon had it for the same price.

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32124535}[/ATTACH] Here is how I'm using it in my setup. The Mustang IV is going to be dedicated to the Trio and I'm using a completely dry channel for it. At least for now anyway. I might just add a small fourth amp so I don't lose my third channel and the movement of sound I enjoy so much.

• Members

I'm a fan. I have both the Trio and the Trio+. The Trio is really great for practice and I use it with my guitar students. It is more interesting than a metronome and you can adjust the tempo so a student can slow it down to get changes down and then bring it up to tempo. You can sequence parts so you can build a whole song accurately. The problem is that you have to start over with every song and it does not work well with a looper because it does not have a midi clock that keeps the two pedels in time.

The Trio+ fixed the problems with the Trio and saves sequenced songs onto a SD micro card so I can use it to provide acceptable backing for solo gigs. Also, it allows me to build my own arrangements and styles rather than relying on backing tracks. For a couple hundred bucks, these are a neat deal.

Archived