I bought a pickguard on ebay for my les paul and it didn't fit

mbengs1

• Members
where does it not fit? Around the p-ups?

The pickguard didn't line up with the neck pickup ring and screw hole. it's a waste so i sent it back. I thought it would fit. Looks like some companies don't really care if their stuff match their description.

• Members

so the real question is, is your les paul real? i mean a real gibson or is it just fake?

*ducks and runs* :)

being serious: is it really that bad that a file or sandpaper can not solve the issue?

and if ordering such replacement things, first thing you do is measure your stuff, write it down, measure again to be sure, and to be really sure measure again a third time, and before you place an order, be sure that all dimensions holes and stuff of the thing are the same as you measured, if the shop does not specify certain things, send them an email and ask them before you order...

• Members

It happens. I replaced the pickguard on my Fernandes Strat and the screw holes didn't line up. One wasn't even over wood. My Schecter had a broken neck pickup ring when I bought it. I bought a replacement set, assuming the screw holes would line up. I mean, they're standard Les Paul pickup rings and I figured these things are universal, right? But no, the holes didn't line up. I can't find a pilot light jewel that fits my Fender FM65R to save my soul. That's the chance you take with replacement parts.

• Members

Next time measure the dimensions first and don't assume they are all the same. Most sites give you exact dimensions like this.

[img2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for les paul pickguard sizes","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"458","width":"440","src":"http:\/\/img2.stewmac.com\/product\/images\/5054\/Pickguard_for_Gibson_Les_Paulandreg.jpg"}[/img2]

[img2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for les paul pickguard sizes","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"401","width":"800","src":"http:\/\/i126.photobucket.com\/albums\/p81\/dynasonic\/Music%20Gear\/Pickguards\/PGH98Dimensions2.jpg"}[/img2]

[img2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for les paul pickguard sizes","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"559","width":"442","src":"https:\/\/images.reverb.com\/image\/upload\/s--CEiT66YE--\/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620\/v1495759308\/ekc4an1lpwrb3vcmvmsf.jpg"}[/img2]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Thanks. next time I will measure the pickguard before opening it.

I bought a 5 ply pickguard off of Amazon for my Lee Malia Custom Artisan

it wasn't a perfect fit either, it just needed less than a thin fork tooth amount removed

from above the cutaway hole

so I braved up and took a 'hot Chef's knife' to it and cut that thing down to fit.

It worked out good

*It did want to fit the LP Custom from China, just not the LP Custom from Indonesia

Archived