Oh God... help me....NUGD!!!!

badpenguin

• Members

So.... I need a new guitar, like another hole in my head. I have 75. I know this. I admit this, and know I need guitar rehab. My wife, who is so patient and loving, knows this also. Hello, my name is Penguin, and I am guitarded. (Chorus of "Hello Penguin" said in monotone unison follows.)

Heading down to St. Augustine for a cheesesteak, (Anyone from the south Jersey/Philly area will understand driving 40 miles for a good one.) my wife and I stopped in a, where else, a pawn shop we never been to before. And behind the counter, like a shining beacon of beauty was this..... a 2007 Eastman El Rey 3R. A hollow with a carved flame maple top, solid mahogany back and sides, 3 piece mahogany neck.... God she is gorgeous! A 25.4 inch scale, with this wonderful ebony board... what's not to love??

After some SERIOUS haggling.... "It's got scratches, missing the proper bolts for the tonepros bridge, scratchy pot... yadda yadda yadda... it's not really worth the 4 figures you are asking for it.. You know this, right?" I got it for HALF of what they were asking!

How does it compare to my Gibson ES139? Glad you asked. It's got a wider neck, that is just as comfy as a pair of worn in slippers. The pickups, Kent Armstrongs, are quite nice. Not as beefy as the Burstbuckers in the Gibby, but have a bit more depth and warmth. A tad bit neck heavy, since it's a full hollow, but at 6 1/2 lbs, who cares? The quality of the nitro finish is astounding, despite surviving ten years with a probable idiot. It WILL feedback at higher volumes, a little easier then the Gibby, and I actually like that. It's easily controlled. It's an amazing beastie, that is making me think about selling the Gibby. Anyone interested?:D

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32118756}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32118757}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32118759}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32118760}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32118758}[/ATTACH]

• Members

YOU NEED HELP

[img2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for guitar addict","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/jetguitars.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/01\/Guitar-Addict-Facebook.png"}[/img2]

But I still like it HNUGD

• Members

Very purdy geetar I must say. You could do some sort of in writing, in front of all your friends & wife "If I get another guitar, I will give away or sell one I've already got". Had to do that with self as was running out of room in my small condo. Wife doesn't like sleeping in the hall....

Archived