Wow

WRGKMC

• Members

It was close to 90 here in Houston a few days ago. Woke up to 3" this morning.

Haven't seen this much snow here in the nearly years I been living here. Only an ice storm and light dusting.

This officially makes it the Christmas season. My Frozen Frozen Palm Trees

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32116035","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32116034","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32116032","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32116033","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

81edee4f29e84b59ed7321077485a4a6.jpg.20f02f7093911be0e9ce8faa20124d37.jpg

77d39f54742bf7748d0c198897624334.jpg.0e4902836095ec0e1d62d68a2133e8bc.jpg

4921709095a7e0783c9e2f308e09d5f4.jpg.f94e961bccdc3f2ac88b6eb2068c6e87.jpg

df0ad7406ac412a6e7f34c4f1d295bcb.jpg.1ce0f5c981b4dfb2f9afd56db8735976.jpg

Snow in Houston is pretty darned rare, isn't it?

We had snow here last year on Christmas day (I'm in the high desert / mountain foothills at 3,200'), but so far, we haven't even had any rain to speak of. Last year's heavy rains left Southern California with a bumper crop of brush, which coupled with the normal fall Santa Ana winds, is currently making life a literal living hell for the firefighters out here. We're not in any danger ATM, but the fires are uncomfortably close to the homes of some friends and family members, so I'm hoping for rain, snow... whatever precipitation we can get. Oh, and an end to the high winds too.

• Members

Yea man, very rare. Last year I wore short sleeve shirts all winter. I was kind of disappointed because I grew up in NJ and winters there were as long as summers are here.

The west has been super dry and those fires out in California are tragic. We got floods this year and they got major fires. There's nothing consistent or predictable when it comes to weather. Its got a mind of its own and a pattern no man can fully understand. We simply have to adapt like man has throughout his history.

The roads didn't get covered because its only been a cold rain in the 40's coming from the north for the past 2 days. the ground needs to be frozen below 32 for that to happen even though some bridges and overpasses can get cold quickly

I was saying yesterday the rain felt like snow weather. Them my wife came home last night asking me if I filled up with gas. She had filled up and put a bottle of that dry gas in her tank. I blew her off and said its never going to get cold enough to snow here. Guess she was able to get the last word in on me on that one.

My Colie loved it. She's a cold weather dog with her long coat. I let here outside and she outside for an hour before coming back in.

Its amazing how it opens up the doors to all the old memories I had of playing in the snow. Movies of snow simply don't do it you have to see it and feel it first hand for it to trigger the winter season. All of a sudden you enjoy being inside where its warm too.

I hope it hangs around. I have a full week of vacation next week and maybe I'll even be able actually crank up the fire place for the holidays.

Archived