HNAD - Pignose 7-100

t_e_l_e

• Members

after seeing one for the first time over 20 years ago, i was always lusting for this little fella. once i came really close to buy one, but it was a black one and not the brown so i passed.

i almost forgot about them, that they still exist, but saw 2 weeks ago with my kid crossroads, wanted to teach them some history of blues :D

my 7year old daughter now asks me if there is a 30th song from robert johnson, strike, mission accomplished :)

but i could not get the pignose amp out of my head

so i went to ebay and needed to order one overseas, seems nobody is currently selling them in europe.

today it arrived and i had some time to play.

it sounds really nice for such a small amp. not at all farty as other battery amps i know. and volume wise it is really not sleeping kids friendly

its more than a fun toy and looks absolutely classy together with my ikea furniture :D

• Members

why did you sell it? its small, does not need much space, would not make much money, but can be really handy if the occasion calls for it.

for me i don't need it, but its like a capo i sparly use, its good to have one

fun fact from me:

if i count everything i almost overtaking my number of guitars with amps

altough my collection is nothing really special:

Vox ampplug rock

Pignose 7-100

Park (the son of marshall) G-10 (chainsaw massacre)

Line6 Spider2 15

Laney LC15-R

Peavey Classic 30

and the two i really use

BYOC Tweed Royal

Sovtek Midget50h

9 amps vs. 11 guitars

you mean full analog manuell rotating speaker? :)

you're still or already awake? must be middle of the night at your side of the pond...

To quote Elvis (Costello), "close-up of a sign that says 'we never close...'" ;)

When you open and close a Pignose amp's back, it creates as sound that's more like a wah, although if you have a carousel of some kind, you can have your kid spin around on that while holding the amp for a rotating speaker effect... note that it might take a while to untangle the cord from around your kid once you're done... ;)

Archived